“What a surprise”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mechanic
Reviewed January 20, 2013

When you are are tired of the same old chain restaurants and want something new, go to Rye & Thyme in down town Leominster Ma.
I loved the old fashion booths, the great service and the taste of home made food.
The prices are reasonable and a great selection of both draft beers(including DogFish ) and bottle beers, as well as a great drink selection
It was interesting to watch one of the bar tenders, shucking oysters almost the entire time we were there.
It's a great couples restaurant and a family restaurant.
While we were there we over heard the waitress telling to two kids in a booth in back of us how much fun they will have on there first trip to Disney world.
The atmosphere was relaxing, friendly staff,, the food was excellent and the price was right.
I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Had a wonderful first visit here over Christmas. I was home visiting family and my parents, husband and I enjoyed a great meal in relaxed surroundings. Love the modern American tavern decor. It was quiet (but early) when we ate in the downstairs bar area, but I could see this being a really fun place to watch the Patriots on one of the many big screens, or catch live music on the small stage. Love the dimly lit, warm, brick interior. Lots of stylish details, like handwritten chalkboard menus and soft lighting. Spotted a function room just setting up for a party too -- good idea.

Food was delicious - I'm vegetarian and can only vouch for the amazing pizza. My seafood loving companions were in heaven though.

Service was great too. Our waiter was Irish and I joked that my Irish husband (we live in Dublin) must know him. (It's like when the Irish ask me if I know their cousin in Baltimore). Turns out, they just about did know each other! Well, they had mutual friends. Small world. He was a very friendly waiter though and offered plenty of advice on their lengthy beer menu. All American beers, which I like.

Overall, it's a great craft beer, whiskey, seafood and pizza restaurant with a lovely outdoor patio I can't wait to try this summer.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went to Rye and Thyme with more expectation than I received. Prices are a bit high for the area and a steak and fries or swordfish was in the $20's as was most of the menu..I ended up having the fish and chips for $16.00 which was good. Had one drink and a salad plus dessert and our bill combined was just under $100.00. Maybe I should have had the pizza...and I am not a raw oyster fan but wanted to try it out because it's new here in Leominster. I probably will not be making a return visit.
I did like the decor. Our service was also very good.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This place has quickly become a favorite for me. Located in the old Monument Grill, Rye & Thyme offers wood grill pizza and raw oysters. The menu is a bit lacking, but what is offered is delicious! Highly recommend trying the Pimm's Squared cocktail for something different and refreshing.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have been to this restaurant three times since it opened on Monument Square in Leominster last year. In season it has patio seating out front on the sqaure that is very comfortable and a nice touch in the tree lined quadrangle. Inside is a combination of booths, bar and tables in the two dining areas. Crisp linen tablecloths and an english pub-like decor make for an attractive setting. The Rye part denotes the vast whiskey selection available. Food is mixed american, caribbean and european fare. Don't miss the Swordfish with Salsa or any of the woodfire grilled meats as they are very tasty, especially the lamb. Wood fired pizzas are an excellent split appetizer or full meal choice. Swervice has been impeccable and everyone there is anxious to please you. Overall an excellent choice for a light snack, full meal or bar experience.