“good basic italian”

Add it.
The Gondola
Ranked #85 of 135 Restaurants in Leominster
Cuisines: Italian
Description: may be listed as just "gondola", also Rt. 117 is also Lancaster St.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

nothing fancy, but an old time local favorite; prices can't be beat; good eggplant and chix parmigiana

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went Saturday night after the big snow storm. Not very busy due to the storm. Very friendly attentive staff. Waitress brought water and bread right away and was very personable. I had the Gondola Scallop Casserole (fried scallops baked in red sauce and onions) with spagetti. It was cooked well but I just thought it was ok. (I never had fried scallops baked in red sauce before.) My wife had Lasagna and thought it was very good. They offer soup or salad with dinner. We each had the salad which was fresh and chilled with house dressing that was very good. We've been here before and usually very good but I guess the casserole just didn't do it for me. Maybe I should have stuck with my norm. Worth the stop, Outstanding Staff. I would have given a 3 1/2 if offered.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Homemade Pasta & Secret Salad Dressing as well as inexpensive meals and daily lunch specials make this a winner.

Outdated decor is awful, but the food makes this restaurant a winner.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is around the corner from our home. It might be very good but it smelled so bad in there. We sat down at a booth and got up and left before even ordering our food.

1  Thank dpditto
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Their sauce/gravy was very heavy - I prefer a lighter sauce on my pasta. The veal parm looked and tasted more like chicken. The salad was very common, iceberg lettuce, 2 slices of tomato, a cuke and onion -very pedestrian. It's a very busy place but it is not to my liking. If you like heavy sauce - it's for you.