“Good food, good service”
Review of Happy Jack's

Happy Jack's
Ranked #18 of 134 Restaurants in Leominster
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Latin
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a relatively new restaurant but the owner is a long-term restaurant owner and knows his business. Staff is always friendly, food is always quick and the variety is large. The Mexican food feels more authentic than the two other local Mexican restaurants, which is pretty good I'd say. They usually have a coupon online and specials there. Give it a try!

Visited October 2013

Framingham, Massachusetts
“Surprise on road into Fitchburg form Route 2”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Food had Mexican thrust and was freshly prepared and tasty at good prices. Very friendly and helpful staff. Beats chain Tex-Mex places hands down. I am from California and cook Mexican food myself and would defintely stop again when in area

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Patrick D
Rindge, New Hampshire
“A new place to eat in the Fitchburg/Leominster area”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first visit there - 2 of us had the Mahi Mahi dish, which was delicious, topped with scallops and shrimp done to perfection. We were greeted warmly by Melissa or Melinda (the waitress - I forget her exact name) who was friendly gave us very good service. Their drinks were delicious - we had a Rum Punch and Mai Tai, and shared a Banana Blitz between 3 of us, which was more than enough. The decor is more Caribbean than Mexican, with delightful Latin music. I'm sure we'll go back there again.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank ralzie
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“Over priced for the area, Skimpy, Not "blackened"”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I wanted to give you my opinion on this. I love the name and the theme. I’ve been there twice and I think they are over priced on apps and food. They are close to Fitchburg and there are so many people out of work or have low paying jobs, so high prices are not hte way to get repeat business.

The first time I went for drinks and apps. I had ordered an app and it had 4 tiny pieces and was approx.. $10.00 some kind of spring roll. This is not enough and forget sharing it with someone!

The second time I went for lunch and order a blackened chicken sandwich with sweet pot. fries. The chicken was not blackened, it looked like it was dipped in some type of sauce, did not look very appealing or appeared to have been "Grilled", and I wanted the blackened texture. (they had done this well at the other rest. near the mall, but not so good here) When the waiter packed up my leftovers he completely forgot my fires, which I had hardly eaten, so that was another disappointment.

I was happy to see a nice place finally open in this area, but I will continue to go to the 99 instead.

• Visited September 2012
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Great Variety of Food!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My friend and I were in Leominster and wanted to try something new so we just had to stop when we saw Happy Jack's sign. I actually thought they were a Mexican cuisine only restaurant based on the outside advertising and was pleasantly surprised when I saw the menu and the variety. They give you a complimentary basket of nachos with a spicy salsa that was delicious. They have a really good vibe with the decor. I really felt like I was in the tropics! Our waiter (Dave) was very friendly and constantly checked on us. My friend ordered a Blue Moon and was impressed with the amount of beers on tap. I had the house peach sangria and it was delicious. I thought the beer and sangria were decently priced. My our meals, my friend got the Jumbalaya (the dinner portion comes with lobster!) and I tried the Chicken Sofrito. They were out of the regular pasta and sauce for the dish so Dave brought over a different sauce and asked if I wanted it still or if I wanted to order something else. The sauce tasted fine to me and as I'd never had the dish before I wasn't set on a certain taste so I said to go ahead. The portions are huge. I ended up taking half of my meal home. The Jumbalaya was a little odd. It tasted great but they made it with rainbow pasta instead of rice. Interesting, but still very tasty. We didn't order dessert despite being very tempted! The price was reasonable for the amount food, the food was delicious, the atmosphere was great, and our server was really nice. We'd definitely go back again!

• Visited January 2013