“Craving Sushi-Quick Lunch”

Yamato Japan
Ranked #53 of 134 Restaurants in Leominster
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Very good, well prepared sushi and sashimi lunch. Presentation was beautiful. Friendly staff, family owned atmosphere. Found as a quick stop for a healthy bite to eat and will make sure to stop in again with more time to enjoy very soon. Very nice to feel so welcome.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to this little sushi place for our Valentine's Day dinner. The restaurant was cute, nice decor.

We both love sushi and we weren't disappointed with this food. We started with the gyoza appetizer and vegetable tempura, both were very good. We had the Black Dragon Roll and the Fire Cracker roll - both were cooked rolls with a variety of ingredients. Highly reccomend them! We finished the meal with the tempura fried ice cream. Delicious!

My only complaint would be about the service. Our waitress seemed a bit uninterested and didn't make any eye contact. Other than that, I would go back.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

After an afternoon of holiday shopping we were looking for something different for dinner. I love sushi. We saw this place and the yelpers said four stars. Well - let's put this on the list of "been there done that". Should have turned around when we saw the empty parking lot. Just us and another couple dining early on a Sunday evening.

We started with an app of Sumai (yah - I know it's Chinese not Japanese but Mom likes them). Sumai should have some snap - bursting open in your mouth when you bite into them - this was mush, a soggy mess, accompanied by a watery sauce.

Mom ordered their Hibachi Dinner with scallops. This was as sorry and unattractive a plate as I've ever seen. One side of the plate was a sad pile of flavorless fried rice, on the other a heap of stir fried scallops with zucchini and carrots. These were cooked well, but too heavy on the soy. The dish was accompanied by two mystery sauces - also mild unidentifiable in flavor. Let's just say the dish did not sit well later that evening...

I ordered some simple sushi - I like to see how a place executes the basics before trying the signature stuff. If they can do these right then you've found something special. I had an order each of salmon and tuna sushi which were both no more than serviceable. An asparagus roll with cooked shrimp, was similar to the sumai, demonstrating the horrible texture that usually results in overcooking a frozen product. A yellow tail roll with scallion was similarly dull and mushy. In general these items totally lacked the fresh flavor that is the reason one enjoys sushi.

The service was fine - our waiter was a sweet and eager 17 year old high school kid who's description of the Habachi dinner was "a lot of food - I have it when I'm really hungry". Mom should have read between the lines. Anyway - the guys working there definitely brought the rating up a star.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant several times. I love sashimi and they have very fresh fish and salands. The prices are very good also. 10 pieces of chef's choice sashimi is around $11. It is overall pretty good!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

best sushi out there. great menu sushi and hibachi great lunch specials. 2 rollds for $8 or 3 rolls for $10 during luch plus soup or salad.