“Try Try Try Again but they did not succeed!”

Mezcal Tequila Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Mezcal Tequila Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 134 Restaurants in Leominster
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Try Try Try Again but they did not succeed!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

So we just had to try this again and sadly we were so very wrong!
OK the guacamole was great.
The service was worse than we have ever experienced!
The main meals tasted like TV dinners, in fact TV dinner comes closer to being good authentic Mexican food.
We paid
We lost
We will NOT return

1 Thank The1SGT

Holden, Massachusetts
“Meh”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We had a reservation for 8 and were seated just a little after the time of our reservation. They sat us at a table fit for 6, maybe. No elbow room at all. It took about 10 minutes for our waitress to come over to take our drink order. The table next to us was sat well after we were and had guacamole and drinks before we received our drink order. We were told we couldn't have water yet because they were out of glasses. Finally out drinks came. We got a pitcher of margaritas. They tasted fine but there was so much ice that we barely got 3 drinks out of the pitcher. Definitely get individual drinks. The food came an hour after we sat down. I got 3 tacos. One was supposed to be fish but it was more like a fried fish tail. I couldn't determine what it actually was. They server was very nice about it and they replaced it. All in all, no one really enjoyed their food nor the experience and I won't go back. I just think it's overrated for what you actually get.

1 Thank CandiceMcD
Ashburnham
“Give it another try!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We tried Mezcal in Leominster last summer and it was just so-so. We gave it another shot with the Groupon we bought...and were so glad we did! I'd go back for the polenta alone! It was so creamy and just perfect...best I've ever had. It came with both the Southwestern Chicken Piccata and the Mole Chicken...My Piccata was phenomenal-jalepeno lemon butter sauce to make it so good! Nachos were fabulous (real cheese and just the right mix of other toppings). The bread pudding was just ok. We called ahead to make a reservation (called at 5:15-made reservations for 6:15 same day). Glad we did because we were the last table available in restaurant. Waitress, Ellie, was fantastic.

1 Thank heidi1972travel
“Savory Mex Cuisine - very good, creative, different”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Excellent traditional dishes with the best authentic touches. As far from fast food as can be. Try the cheese fundito appetizer.

1 Thank jrav
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Food: "Yes". Service: "No".”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I ate here last night. A group of 3, on a Sunday night, around 6pm had a wait of about 10 minutes. I usually don't mind waiting because it means the place is full and probably very tasty. I found out that this wait was due to the fact that they were clearly understaffed. I do not want to speak for all the waitstaff but our waitress was not so good. It took over 15 minutes for her to come and greet us... Then it took another 10 minutes to receive our margaritas. Our food came out within an acceptable amount of time but then we were handed our check and she didn't come grab the card/money from us until I finally gave it to her. She was very nice but seemed stressed out or confused.
The food was very tasty and had a fair price. We recommend the nachos as an appetizer. They were loaded with cheese and goodies and they were delicious. The steak tacos came out with more steak than I could eat and the margaritas are excellent.
I would definitely come back to Mezcal but would make reservations and hope for better service.