“Don't Waste your Money or Time”

Il Camino Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 134 Restaurants in Leominster
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This family operated restaurant offers authentic homemade Italian meals, party/buffet menus and a full liquor license in a casual dining atmosphere. Our exclusive dinner menu includes your main dish, soup, salad, pasta, Italian eggplant or zucchini and dessert.Please visit the warmth of family dining at reasonable prices in a small local restaurant setting. Open 7 days. Kids are welcome. Dinner reservations are accepted.
Lancaster, Massachusetts
“Don't Waste your Money or Time”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

What a 3 ½ hours of pure hell. When we arrived we were informed it would be a ½ hour wait, after talking with the very rude and uncaring hostess we were finally seated 1 hour later. At which time she said “I am surprised you waited around and did not leave. Please continue to patient with them the service is running slow.” At that point we should have left but we didn’t. We have been here in the past and the meals and service was good. It took another 25 minutes to see a waitress to place an order. For some reason our table was the only one in this certain room that had a waitress from another totally different area of the restaurant. It took another ½ hour to receive the salads for 4 people in our party and an additional 20 minutes for the 2 soups for our remaining people in our party. Then another 1 hour and 15 minutes, again speaking with the lovely hostess, we started to receive some of our meals. Two of us ordered their signature dish Chicken Piccata which was overcooked, tough and extremely dry. The Fettuccine Alfredo with lobster was awful as well. The lobster was overcooked and rubbery and the Alfredo dish had so much cheese it was uneatable. We never saw our waitress except the time she took our order, brought us our salads/soup and some of our meal items. But I must add patrons who were seated after our party was waited on immediately, meals in a timely manner and left before we even received our meals. Since we never saw our waitress again we had to once again have to speak to the hostess for our bill. We were told they are busy and the waitress will be with us shortly. Since we came in two cars 4 of us left and my husband arrived home 25 minutes after us. The establishment did not care about our experience and never even offered us a discount. Save your money and time and go elsewhere. Chef Ramsey this place needs your help. How about coming to Leominster to film Hell’s Kitchen.

• Visited February 2013
5 Thank MilCrew

Athol, Massachusetts
“Best Italian around”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've been going to this place off and on since 1965 and, as far as I know, it's always been in the same family. There are alot of raves here about chicken picatta but the veal picatta is also to die for. The portions at this place are large and lunches are an exceptional value. Not that it's an excuse, but some of the wait staff have been there a long time and are rather elderly. I love this place and if it were closer to my house, I would be there all the time. Another nice thing is that they serve a small size antipasto that goes great with a meal. I started going here when I was dating my husband and it has lasted alot longer than my marriage did.

• Visited December 2012
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“RUDE, rude, rude”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

As others have said, their Chicken Piccatta is the best thing on the menu and really is the best in the area. The woman at the front desk is hands down the rudest person I have ever had to deal with. The last time I got food from there was because I had a gift certificate. Took it to go because dining in is not a pleasure. The gift certificate was too large a denomination for two of us to use in one sitting. When I went to pay with the certificate, the woman at the front desk loudly announced “I HATE people like this” – like I was somehow trying to rip her off. I said, “maybe you could just give me a smaller gift certificate for next time rather than the money/change”, at which point she threw the money at me. Never went back and never will again.

• Visited February 2012
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Highly recomend this place A++++”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Some of the best italian food in worcester county. I highly recomend the Chicken Piccata . Home made pasta's delicious. The decor and building could use some updating but the food will have you comming back again and again

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ronny1969c
Boston, Massachusetts
“Reservations a joke; food o.k.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

You are asked to make a reservation and so we did. Arrived about 5 minutes early and wound up waiting 40 minutes. Unbelievable. The hostess was totally clueless and had an almost abrasive attitude. Hey...If you don't like waiting; go somewhere else! I noticed a few parties seemed to be regulars and they were seated within a few minutes. When my sister asked what's up; a curt response "They had a reservation earlier than you..." I was baffled, but this lady could care less.
The food was good. We'd been here before a few times before and it's always hit or miss. Sometimes it's great, a month later the pasta is mush and the food cold. This time it wasn't bad; once we were finally seated and got our food. They also just came out with a new (more expensive) menu. Same dishes, just higher prices. Leominster/Fitchburg needs another good Italian restaurant.

• Visited January 2013