“Best Chicken Piccata Hands Down”

Il Camino Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 139 Restaurants in Leominster
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This family operated restaurant offers authentic homemade Italian meals, party/buffet menus and a full liquor license in a casual dining atmosphere. Our exclusive dinner menu includes your main dish, soup, salad, pasta, Italian eggplant or zucchini and dessert.Please visit the warmth of family dining at reasonable prices in a small local restaurant setting. Open 7 days. Kids are welcome. Dinner reservations are accepted.
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Long standing reputation for excellent Italian food. This family and experienced staff do a great job here. You can't go wrong with the Chicken Piccata, Veal Parm, Baked Haddock, Chicken Liver and Onions, and awesome Homemades. Busy Rest. and staff buzzing around not missing a beat. One of our favorite stops when in the Leominster area. Oh! and what a Great Value. Great lunch stop. If pressed for time this staff will have you eating and on your way with a smile in no time.

1  Thank Terry G

Reviewed November 18, 2011

This place is apparently popular, but I can't see why. I ordered cacciatore - it was just chicken and peppers and onions in their regular marinara (NOT cacciatore) sauce, no pasta, and not tasty. I'm not very picky, but this was disappointing. Try somewhere else.

4  Thank SDiCastro
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This wasn't our first trip to Il Camino. We've been dining here since 1987, I'd guess. I can't ever remember a bad meal.

My wife is hard pressed to try anything but her beloved chicken piccata. I can't blame her. Tender chicken, dredged and sauteed, as a dish by itself is delicious. Add the lemony, buttery richness of the piccata sauce, and the dish is just exquisite. Also available is veal piccata. Scallops Giovanni pairs this sauce with perfectly-cooked scallops. Just heavenly.

I selected sauteed chicken livers and onions this time, and it was nearly perfect. I think the onions could have been cooked a little bit more, but the pungent taste of the onions balanced the chicken livers nicely. The livers were cooked to perfection.

My homemade noodles came with meat sauce. I think this was the first time I'd had the meat sauce at Il Camino, and it was as good as I'd expected. My wife's side of eggplant parmigiana was cooked to order, as is everything else, and was delicious - and I don't even like eggplant so much.

The house salad dressing is an Italian vinaigrette with just a hint of sweetness, on a salad of crisp greens, tomato, olives, carrots, and cucumber. Classic Italian bread and water are brought to the table straightaway.

Waitstaff is busy, but friendly and efficient. Most of the staff has been there for years, and welcome us back (without having to ask if it's our first time there.)

Portions are generous, and prices are affordable. All pasta is made daily on premises.

1  Thank JohnnyGeez
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I visited Il' Camino the 3rd week of July (evening) and had a wonderful meal. We had the complete meal option (picked Chicken Picatta) which includes soup or salad or a glass of wine, a choice of appetizers (I had the Eggplant parm and it was super tasty, I love it) and the mainc course with a choice of pasta (spag, raviollis, etc) a choice from 3 or 4 desserts (we picked Italian Spumonti and it was yummie) and a coffee or tea. You can't beat the price for the complete meal! The Chicken Picatta was delicious as always! The portions are of good size also!

They did some more renovations during the fist few weeks of July and the atmosphere is quite nice, over the last few years they have made some nice interior updates and changes to the restaurant!

I would highly recommend a stop in to the Il' Camino!

Reviewed July 13, 2011

I ate at this restaurant recently and was quite happy. The pasta appears to be homemade and was delicious, the portions were generous, and the salads were fresh. The service was friendly and courteous as well. It would not be my first choice to bring a date for a quiet dinner but a great place to eat with friends and bring the kids to.

1  Thank cyberxen