“Face-lift since my last stay”
Review of Yankee Inn

Yankee Inn
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Yankee Inn years ago, and had a pleasant experience so gave it another go. Now it's even better. They've given many of the rooms a refresh, they have made the lobby bar more of a permanent fixture, and the breakfast buffet is now upstairs and better than ever. Reasonably priced, clean pool that's not overly chlorinated, and discount tix to many local mountains. Can't go wrong! One thing I didn't like was that the bed was very soft... but there were two beds, so I just moved to the other one and slept with my child!

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building if you plan on using the pool. The buildings don't connect.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice stay for the long Presidents day weekend. The hotel is very clean and staff goes out of their way to answer all your questions and help in any way the can. Our favorite was Lauri at the front desk who also doubled as an omelet chef.
We stayed at the fireplace suite which was very large, comfy and clean.
The breakfast is very sufficient with cereals, bagels, muffins, Danishes, waffles, boiled eggs, omelets and yogurts.
The pool is small and very crowded but clean and worm.
The hotel is conveniently located to many local attractions
Overall, a very good stay

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed 4 nights and enjoyed our visit. Our twins loved the pool, as did we. It was actually warm. The location is great and the staff was friendly. We will be back soon. Thanks for taking hospitality seriously :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 22, 2013

A clean and friendly hotel with fireplaces in some rooms. The breakfast is generous, the staff friendly and not overbearing, the rooms and hallways clean and fresh. A great value for a visit to the Berkshires, skiing or otherwise. This was my second visit, so the quality is not a fluke. And...I love the fireplace; the best was a room with a king bed with canopy and fireplace...very spacious, and these rooms have a small balcony (though it was December it was unseasonably mild so I enjoyed beakfast in the sun).

Room Tip: For the luxury and the space go for the king with canopy and fireplace.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We asked for a room with a king bed on the top floor, having recently had an unfortunate experience at another hotel with noisy upstairs neighbors. The only rooms available had fireplaces at a $10 upgrade fee, so we went for it. Due to the "fireplace" and large furniture, the room was very crowded. That said, the place was in good repair (except for the silly gas fireplace, which seemed ridiculous), spotless, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was just o.k., heavy on sweets, but the made to order omelets were quite good. All in all, we thought the Hampton Inn next door was probably a bit nicer, but there really was nothing wrong here and we would return.

Room Tip: Unless you really want a top floor room, don't bother with the fireplace rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cather
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I went with my husband and 6 & 7 year old skiing at Jimminy Peak & stayed at the Yankee Inn for 2 nights. It was quiet & cozy & very welcoming. We ordered pizza to be delivered to the hotel & ate in the lounge while my husband & I ordered some beers. (super friendly bartender). The continental breakfast was perfect....great choices for adults and kids & very clean. The POOL was VERY warm. Not like those indoor heated pools that are still cold. The kids (and adults) could stay in for a long time without getting cold. The hot tub was great. Both great after skiing. Just a great hotel for the family. Would definitely stay there again. Wonderful for the whole family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I can't say enough about this gem of a hotel in Lenox, MA. My best friend, mom and I stayed here this past weekend for a girls only ski trip to Jiminy Peak. I chose the Yankee Inn for us based on all the positive reviews here and am so thankful that I did. I reserved some king bed rooms with fireplaces and highly recommend that option. Let me start by saying that the rooms are immaculate and my mother (a clean freak) kept saying she wanted to get some tips from the housekeeping staff! The hotel has a very cozy feel and the staff is absolutely wonderful. We had drinks in the adorable lounge before dinner, reasonably priced drinks and a great selection (we had a delicious Chardonnay). We asked the front desk for some dinner recommendations and were sent to the Manor House in Lee, which was absolutely fantastic (ex-White House chef). On the second floor, coffee/tea/hot chocolate is always available at no charge, and the included breakfast entails waffles and omelets, overall the best "continental breakfast" I have ever had. This was an excellent hotel and considering the price, you honestly cannot find a better option in this area. I look forward to returning and recommend the Yankee Inn to anyone who values quality as this is an inn that takes well deserved pride in itself.

Room Tip: King bed with fireplace, super cozy!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Vacation Village in the Berkshires
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge

Been to Yankee Inn? Share your experiences!