“wonderful hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Lenox
Granby, Massachusetts
“wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

We had an unexpected power outage at home for 2+ days, and had to leave with our 3 kids and find a hotel QUICK! The staff at the Yankee Inn was VERY accomodating to us. Mick, at the front desk, was very helpful, friendly, and added a little humor to our "vacation". The complimentary breakfast was delicious, with a lovely woman working it, refilling the food as it got low. Will definitely go back to this hotel again. Very reasonable prices, clean rooms (my husband can be very critical of hotel rooms, and he was very pleased here!), nice warm pool.... what more can you ask for!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenn R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Yankee Inn, Lenox Ma...We had stayed before and were a little reluctant to go again but we were pleasantly surprised by our recent visit..The hotel is in a great location and all the rooms and lobby have been updated...they have a free breakfast in the morning with alot of choices..the staff was pleasant and friendly..we would definitely go back...It is located right on route 7..

Room Tip: they do accept aaa and aarp discounts
1 Thank angelineNewYork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

I stayed at Yankee Inn for the week end gateway. The hotel provides a taste of the Berkshires, and provides a good value for the price. The staff was extremely helpfull. Leo at the front desk helped to get us settled and also recomended a great restaurant in the area. He went out of his way to make sure we have everything we need. I would definitely recommend this hotel and the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed October 2011
Sonoita, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

Wish I could pack this hotel in my suitcase and take it with us on the rest of our trip around New England. Very quiet, clean, comfortable. Large room with king bed and sofa bed, small outdoor patio. Pleasant, helpful staff. We are on a business/pleasure trip and decided to stay an extra day here because it was such a pleasant place to spend time working! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: First floor in the back of the main building was delightful.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

This is a great place to stay in the area! I definetely suggest the fire spa room, it will add a classy touch to any romantic weekend! I want to especially thank Leo for all his help with the accommodations. When booking ask for Leo! It was, by far, the greatest hotel experience I've had!

• Stayed October 2011
Canton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

Getting the rooms with the jacuzzi & fireplace is the way to go. Essential spa is right next to the Yankee Inn. Location is great... easy ride to Great Barrington, Lee, etc.

Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

After reading some of these reviews, I was worried when I found out that my room was in the south building. But, as it turned out, my room was just fine. To be sure, it was very small. I had room 103 with double beds as a single bed wasn't available this weekend. But people have to keep in mind that this is an inn, not a hotel.

Check in was incredibly efficient and the man at the desk was friendly and knowledgeable. The TV had some "snow" on the lower channels, but it wasn't terribly bad. The higher channels were clear. The beds were comfortable (they were on wheels, as i found out after nearly falling off! but once I locked the wheels it was just fine!) and the room was very clean. Wireless internet also worked just fine for me. The password was "guest" (not hard to guess) and at times it was a little slow, but it was not turtle-like. As I only used it to check e-mail and facebook, I didn't mind. The bathroom was tight, but clean.

My only complaint was the shower door. It did not close properly and I had to tilt the shower head all the way to one side to prevent flooding. But after my stay I informed them about the door, so perhaps they will fix it.

Other than that, I found the room clean, comfortable, and the location was just fine. The continental breakfast was also good - they had made to order omelets, waffle makers, and a good selection of bagels and pastries. I had the french toast both days. I felt very safe at night and heard very little noise, even though or room was right under the metal stairs for the upper rooms. I only really heard people on those stairs once in the morning - someone was dragging a suitcase down the steps- and I was already up.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Hotel on North
Hotel on North
#1 of 8 in Pittsfield

Been to Yankee Inn? Share your experiences!