“Couldn't ask for better .. I am overwhelmed !”
Review of Wheatleigh

Wheatleigh
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I literally set up an account to write this review. I am overwhelmed by the friendliness, cleanliness, kindness, and hospitality of the hotel. This is basically what happened to us:

1) We visited the hotel to get acquainted with the property, they gracefully welcomed us and showed us around the hotel (terrace suite, junior suite, and the aviary suite). We liked the property so much that we booked for dinner reservation. Up until dinner, we were strolling around the local shops of Lenox and when dinner time approached I headed for my car only to realize that I have BROKEN my spare key !!! We were literally stranded in the cold with no solution left. I called The Wheatleigh and told them about our situation, they sent us Claire, who is from Buffalo, New York to pick us up. She extremely kind, sweet, and very prompt. A comfortable and luxurious Audi picked us up from where we are and drove us to the hotel.

2) Claire went further and beyond, she sent someone to the store to purchase a super glue in order to fix my broken spare key. ( FOR FREE !! ) Fortunately, THE FIXED MY KEY AND NOW I CAN DRIVE MY CAR BACK TO BOSTON

3) We needed some privacy as we had to perform our prayers, Larrisa, who is from Zurich, Switzerland was extremely considerable and opened us one of the rooms in the hotel to pray in !!!!!!!!

4) After we had a fabulous meal at their restaurant, Claire drove us back in her Audi to where my car was parked. And now, with my fixed key, I unlocked the car and drove back home safely.

NOW, THE DILEMMA LIES IN THE FACT THEY WE WERE NOT EVEN GUESTS STAYING AT HOTEL !!!! WHAT IF WE WERE ?? I am sure we would be OVERLY SPOILED.

I really recommend this hotel, their rooms are beautiful and the property is magnificent. The entertainment system in the rooms are all Bang & Olufson. Loved Everything about it. I would like to thank Larrisa and Claire for their amazing generosity. And wish all the readers a chance to stay at his lovely place :)

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Mohwaz

Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed at the Wheatleigh for three nights in a junior suite. The room and amenities were wonderful. The service personnel (managers, front desk, housekeepers, porters) could not have been more gracious and eager to please. We stay at hotels/ inns of this caliber on a regular basis, and this hotel really has its "act together". It might be considered expensive but given the service and facilites it is a good value. The only downside was the waitstaff service in the dining room . You are better advised to eat at one of the many alternative restaurants in the area---although the dining room is a very romantic (if formal ) setting.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I have never been to a hotel, let alone paid this much, and have gotten more value. This property is incredible. Everything was meticulously planned from housekeeping, to the restaurant, to the cookies and the complimentary bottle of champagne in our room at arrival. Not to mention there is no annoying 20% service charged added to everything like some properties. We went out to Lenox to Prime Steakhouse (see review) but wished we ate at Wheatleigh our entire stay. We will be back!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2010

A group of 10 of us went to celebrate a wonderful birthday and spent over $4500 (yes, you saw that right) on dinner & wine alone. The service was abysmal (they couldn't WAIT to get us out the door at 11 (and no, we weren't rowdy or obnoxious!) on a Friday night. The portions were like the MasterCard "oohhhh it's Elf Food!!" commercial and just about everything had an upcharge.

Now, I will say the presentation was lovely and the attempt was good, but WAY too much gastronomic fru-fru's over substance. Not at ALL worth the $165 pp for 3 courses. Save your dough and go two nights just about anywhere else in town instead...

The grounds and house, however, are lovely! So, maybe just go for a cocktail instead...

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SubstanceTraveler
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I spent a small fortune here attempting to go on a grand vacation. The place is gorgeous (the bathrooms are perfect) and the understated elegance of detail stunning. But then what? The dinner was crazy expensive ($600/4) and two of us got sick (one threw up.) One of us got cut on the side of the bed's protruding metal leg and the staff had no antiseptic. We had to wait too long a time for a coke as their remedy. I found the entire experience unfriendly, snobbish and uncaring. I would never recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2008
7  Thank artpulse
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I recently took my boyfriend for his birthday to dine at Wheatleigh and could not have asked for more. The staff were uncommonly attentive and very keen to our every need without being intrusive. We ordered from the 4 course tasting menu and were very sad when the experience was over. While we did not stay at the hotel, I can only imagine how luxurious that must be if we just got a glimpse at dinner! A gem of the Berkshires, and certainly a rival of the finest restaurants and hotels everywhere.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCB620
Reviewed February 10, 2010

From the moment we arrived to the time we left, our stay at the Wheatleigh was wonderful. Upon our arrival, we enjoyed a complementary glass of champagne in the Great Hall and we were able to relax after our drive to Lenox. The atmosphere was welcoming and so was the staff.

Our room was comfortable and it was nice to find the little extras like cookies, bottles of water and a handwritten note from the Hotel Manager in our room. While we were at dinner, the bed was turned down, candles were lit in the fireplace and soft music was playing.

We had dinner in the Dining Room and it was quite the experience. Our servers were professional, the food was excellent, and it is well worth the price.

We were not able to enjoy the grounds since our visit was during January. I took beautiful pictures of the snow covered hills and surrounding countryside. The sky was bright blue and it was a great backdrop to take pictures of the front of the hotel. We look forward to visiting again so we will be able to see the sculpture garden and use the pool.

Once again our stay at the Wheatleigh was magnificent!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lata016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Blantyre
The Red Lion Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox

Been to Wheatleigh? Share your experiences!