I literally set up an account to write this review. I am overwhelmed by the friendliness, cleanliness, kindness, and hospitality of the hotel. This is basically what happened to us:
1) We visited the hotel to get acquainted with the property, they gracefully welcomed us and showed us around the hotel (terrace suite, junior suite, and the aviary suite). We liked the property so much that we booked for dinner reservation. Up until dinner, we were strolling around the local shops of Lenox and when dinner time approached I headed for my car only to realize that I have BROKEN my spare key !!! We were literally stranded in the cold with no solution left. I called The Wheatleigh and told them about our situation, they sent us Claire, who is from Buffalo, New York to pick us up. She extremely kind, sweet, and very prompt. A comfortable and luxurious Audi picked us up from where we are and drove us to the hotel.
2) Claire went further and beyond, she sent someone to the store to purchase a super glue in order to fix my broken spare key. ( FOR FREE !! ) Fortunately, THE FIXED MY KEY AND NOW I CAN DRIVE MY CAR BACK TO BOSTON
3) We needed some privacy as we had to perform our prayers, Larrisa, who is from Zurich, Switzerland was extremely considerable and opened us one of the rooms in the hotel to pray in !!!!!!!!
4) After we had a fabulous meal at their restaurant, Claire drove us back in her Audi to where my car was parked. And now, with my fixed key, I unlocked the car and drove back home safely.
NOW, THE DILEMMA LIES IN THE FACT THEY WE WERE NOT EVEN GUESTS STAYING AT HOTEL !!!! WHAT IF WE WERE ?? I am sure we would be OVERLY SPOILED.
I really recommend this hotel, their rooms are beautiful and the property is magnificent. The entertainment system in the rooms are all Bang & Olufson. Loved Everything about it. I would like to thank Larrisa and Claire for their amazing generosity. And wish all the readers a chance to stay at his lovely place :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wheatleigh is the perfect marriage of the grandeur of a 16th century Florentine palazzo with the elegance and comfort of the 21st century. Set on 22 acres overlooking the Berkshire Mountains and lake, Wheatleigh is two and a half hours by car from New York and Boston, with easy access by private plane. Built in 1893, Wheatleigh has completed a four year multimillion dollar renovation to create the most unique luxurious small hotel in the world. Awarded Forbes 5 Star for hotel and restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Wheatleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wheatleigh Hotel Lenox