All reviews dining room own private villa italian palace wedding gift deluxe room beautiful hotel hotel experience circular drive main restaurant wine list is favorite hotel lamb chops gilded age romantic getaway special thanks warmer months soaking tub
Reviewed August 3, 2017

Returned for my 5th visit to this spectacular Berkshire property. Beautiful grounds, lovely rooms, terrific restaurant but for me it is all about the service. Every single member of the staff is amazing.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LSG926
Reviewed July 22, 2017

Elegant facility, and of course beautiful views of the Berkshires. Staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. The meals were superb. The summer barbeque was very tasty, but not traditional barbeque fare. The one downside- it is expensive.

Room Tip: we had the junior suite which was very nice
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2017

This is a luxurious hotel hidden away in the hills of the Berkshires, particularly in the quaint little town of Lenox. The grounds are beautiful, the architecture sumptuous! The home is truly antique---but what a luxurious antique---a French country chateau built on a lovely piece of land. A gift from an American industrial tycoon to his lucky daughter as a wedding gift at the turn of the 20th century. No expense was spared as you will see in all the marble floors, giant detailed fireplaces in almost every room, high ceilings, long halls, lovingly refinished furnishings and all the exterior architecture.

Since it was once a private country home, there is a long private driveway to get there. And there are only a handful of rooms to stay at this "hotel" so that means there is tons of privacy, quiet and never any lines or crowds at all. you almost have this place to yourself during non-dining hours. when I walked the hall, sat in the reading room or got ready for bed, I could almost pretend that I really lived there. It was that private and cozy overall experience.

The staff all were surprisingly sweet and sincere. Many of these young people are from around the world and were eager to give you a lovely stay. The first night we were there a blizzard kept many patrons from coming to the dinner seating at the restaurant. Since we had a room there we were lucky enough to enjoy an almost empty dining room. We sat close by the fire but not too close to be too hot. The staff was extremely attentive and truly excited and happy to share the delicious food and drink. I got to taste the diverse cheese platter (American and European)... and the chef kept on sending free samples of savory and sweet food to our table, in addition to our entree order. I don't drink alcohol most of the time, but they are proud of their wine list. And for dessert, I did have a glass of my favorite port wine---Grahams.

When we left I and my husband felt very pampered and happy. Because we moved, we may never get to stay here again, but this place is one to remember! Truly a wonderful treat.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2017

We had a great time staying at the Wheatleigh Hotel last weekend and amazed by the great customer service that we received. Everyone we met was so competent and knowledgeable about the area and a special thanks goes out to Brigitta and Markus. From arrival to the hotel, valet service, not to mention we were greeted with a glass of champagne, breakfast up until we departed everything was on point. The room was so clean, truly impressed. Thank you for a great weekend!!!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Esmee88
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderfull stay at the Wheatleigh! Very friendly everything you can ask for and more! We made deliciouse smores in the evening went for a walk in the snow (they have sledges etc.ready outside) the room was beautifull... i loved the bathtub a took 2 baths a day lol!!!
Oh and there are candles in the fireplace, don't forget to light them it is a wonderfull ambiance.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family