“A lot for less” 4 of 5 stars

Lenox Inn
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Lenox
“A lot for less”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Recently stayed here. I was very low on cash and in need of a place to stay. Stopped at several locations but rates were too much for me. I was told to call here I did and the rate was right on the money. The room was very clean, even smelled clean. It came equipped with everything. And the bed and pillows were very comfy. I will def. stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Madbay1018

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The inn (motel) is great. Not the motel of our youth. Immaculate, very attractive from the outside and the new decor in the rooms is beautifully coordinated and very tasteful. Price is great. If there is something you need that's not in the room...just ask at the front desk. The owners/staff are very pleasant and accommodating. No breakfast served, but coffee is available in the morning. I zapped my tea in the lobby micro...but if u want your own micro just ask for one. Fridge in every room. Friendly's a very short walk down from the Inn.
We stayed for almost a week, refugees from Sandy storm NY. I am very fussy and want quality in my hotels. Now the Lenox Inn is not a 5 star NYC hotel, but I was very satisfied, contented and comfortable. Staying somewhere for a week is a challange and we managed nicely at this Inn. Give it a try , but if this is your once a year "big" vacation check it out online first and judge for yourself. Consider your budget...and if it needs to be reasonable check all the other accommodations and their prices. I think the Lenox Inn is a very big bang for your buck. I didn't notice a pool as we were there in November. Check it out online. Good luck in your search for accommodations in the Lenox-Stockbridge-Pittsfield MA area.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Maryann S
Worcester, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the Lenox Inn when I was in town for a wedding. It was the cheapest place in the area and we knew we wouldn't spend too much time there so we "risked" it. We paid $72.80 a night... and I still feel ripped off. We were greeted by a friendly woman who gave us our key - as soon as we walked in our room we were hit with a wall of stink. The room says "non-smoking" but this place smelled strongly of cigarette smoke being covered with massive amounts of deoderizer. It was completely nauseating. The bed had a very bulky mattress cover that felt like a trash bag. The bathroom was disgusting with a mildewy shower curtain. The shower made a screaming sound the whole time you used it. I tried to blow dry my hair and it blew a fuse so we lost power. There was no heater and we were cold all night. We literally drove around at times just so we didn't have to hang out in the hotel room. Find somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank vanonymous

Travelers are raving about these Lenox hotels

Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The good-pillows, bed, morning coffee, wifi

The bad- noisy, old air conditioner , soap but no shampoo, not-that-friendly proprietors, very small space to move around, ambient hotel light reflects into room

The ugly- needs some serious updating, painting & rennovation

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have never stayed in a motel with a AAA rec. that fell way below the criteria as this place did.I did complain to AAA. tI documemted the following while in the room...could not have $ refunded...they put on Visa upon ck. in without having seen the unit.The rug was filthy! There was no closet...clothes had to be hung next to bed with them in your face while sleeping or else only one person, not 2, were able to occupy the bed. The insides of the spreads were badly stained.The luggage rack was rusty.Furniture was worn and soiled.The table had two oversized desk chairs so you could not walk behind them without the seated person moving.There was no switch on fridg. so you had to crawl on floor to plug it in.Walls thin...had to call mgr. at 12:30 a.m because of t.v. blasting next door.Lamp base on desk was rusty.A/C unit filthy and rusty.We were given only one shampoo for 3 people and she had us pick up another one...It had already been used by someone else...half full and cloudy...disgusting! The wallpaper was buckled in places and the mattress pad was permanently all bunched up creating an uncomf. night's sleep.
The bathroom was the worse! Tiles were falling off the wall! The window curtain was soiled, the walls were soiled, the B.R. shelf and tissue holder were rusty, The 2 piece fibreglass shower stall was filled with crud inside the crease where the 2 parts came tog. disgusting! The toilet seat was stained and there were long, coarse black hairs strewn over the floor.
The motel is close to the road which has constant heavy traffic night and day which is very noisy. We paid $170 per night in June...a rip off! There were chain hotels close by that were less expensive and could have provided a satisfactory environment. It is not what the photo of it leads you to believe...very deceiving!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mariafromboston
Swampscott, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is a case of what you get what you pay for; a simple, clean, basic motel in a notoriously expensive area for a budget price. The room was not large, and the beds were indeed very firm, as others have noted. On the plus side, they have a wonderful back yard area that is perfect for families with young kids. There is a large grassy play area, and a lovely pool, that looks out onto forest, not the major highway going past. It is close to lots of area attractions and good restuarants. We would not have been able to afford many other hotels in this area, so we were satisfied overall.

Room Tip: It helps if you prefer a firm mattress!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights while touring the arts with my parents. I found it to be close to Pittsfield 3 miles where they were staying and easy to get to. The room decor was from every era of time but it was very clean and the bed was fine. The wifi was excellent and they had mr coffee in the morning at the front desk no breakfast. They had a microwave you could use at the front desk as well as a iron. The towels were sufficient and the air cond barely did the job. I don't like it cold. There was a fridge in the room. And comfortable chairs. You may bring a bulb if younwill be doing alot of reading. I didn't. There was a flat screen tv. I bought on Expedia for $58 before taxes. Price went way up for the weekend. I stayed during the week. There is close places nearby to grocery shop and get coffee. For the price it was a gem.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Yankee Inn
The Red Lion Inn
#1 of 1 in Stockbridge
4.0 of 5 stars 890 reviews
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Lenox Inn? Share your experiences!