“Love The Cranwell!”

Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is our third year staying at Cranwell. The staff is always very pleasant and attentive. Even after we checked out and were headed to our car, the groundskeeper smiled and said hello. Thank you for making our annual anniversary get-away memorable. It was so nice of the staff to welcome us with a personal note wishing us a Happy Anniversary along with a scrumptious box of chocolates from Chocolate Springs. Dinner is Sloane's Tavern was very good ... for all those chocolate lovers, the lava cake is incredible! We absolutely LOVE the Cranwell, its staff and all the wonderful amenities. We look forward to our visit again next year!

1  Thank SharonShelton_CT
There are newer reviews for Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Cranwell resort is great. Wonderful in the winter for outdoor activities, spa and shopping. Suites available for the family. Great breakfast, spa and indoor pool. Have been there every winter for years.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went to as a getaway and hoped to play golf, but the weather was too cold and rainy to in early November.
While we spent most of our time in Lenox and the surrounding area seeing the sights, we did walk around the Cranwell grounds, and we used their WONDERFUL spa. It's huge and lovely: a large pool and a grand workout area. The only meal we had on site were breakfasts, which were good. The staff was very friendly and efficient. Our room was large and nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The resort is beautiful and the grounds lovely. There are spa services, jacuzzi, steam, sauna, pool, and classes. Went for a birthday weekend for my guy, but not as romantic as I hoped. Cranwell was full of women celebrating a girl's weekend. Had breakfast there and the food was good We had to wait to eat until a wedding party cleared the room. The massage was great! Would have loved to have a couples area for the jacuzzi and steam, but we were separated. Would love to go back with girlfriends, but not as romantic as I had hoped.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I took a long weekend at the Cranwell to use as a base for exploring the Berkshires. It is an easy drive from New York(or Boston) and is centrally located giving access to the many area attractions. We chose the Cranwell because of its spa. The spa is large, provides many serivces and has a complete gym and pool facility. All were well maintained and had current equipment. The rooms are clean, well furnished and comfortable. The more formal restaurant served well and had a nice New Englandy feel to it although the food choices were fairly standard. All in all it is a very relaxing setting and provides a nice clean, comfortable campus with golf and tennis available in season.

1  Thank Peter A
Norma_Probst, Public Relations Manager at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

We especially appreciate a full and positive review from an experienced traveler like you. You thoroughly captured everything in your comprehensive description of your stay with us and we thank you for that.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was our 3rd trip to Cranwell for our "girls" weekend! We so enjoyed our spa treatments and our relaxation in the "quiet room"! The food at Sloans Tavern and the buffet breakfast at the Mansion is very good! I do suggest you stay in the Carriage House vs. Founder's. The Carriage House is much more updated; however, if you like the older, "victorian" look, you will enjoy Founder's. Overall, we truly love our trip to Cranwell and plan on returning next year for our "girls" weekend!!

Room Tip: Choose the Carriage House! Updated rooms!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at the Cranwell for a mom's getaway. I thought some peace and quiet might steady my nerves. Unfortunately, the walls at the "Founder's" were razor thin. Honestly . . . on one side of my room, I could hear every single word the woman was saying on her telephone. On the other side of my room (unfortunately, where the bed was placed), I could hear a man snoring. I mean every breath, in and out, as though he were sharing my bed or room. I could also hear not just the ring of his cellphone, but the vibrating sound when he received a text or email.

I also did not get any maid services. I did call and complain and they would have sent someone, but by 5:00 p.m., I just didn't care anymore.

The spa was nice, but I've had better massages.

I will say the grounds were lovely, and I was not put off by the worn furnishings and carpeting. They were nice enough and in keeping with the style of the property. However, the thin walls and lack of adequate attention from hotel staff were deal-breakers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

We’re sorry that your stay was interrupted by other guests’ noises. We are planning room renovations in the near future and we recently added 18 new rooms that have many modern comforts. We’ll also bring the housekeeping service to the attention of that department so we can improve this aspect in the future. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Garden Gables Inn
Garden Gables Inn
#4 of 16 in Lenox

Been to Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!