“Lunch by the Green”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stopped for lunch at Cranwell, an upscale resort in Lenox Massachusetts. I had been their during an earlier incarnation when it was a Jesuit prep school and boys camp. We sat outside with a great view of the second green and the third hole. I started with a tasty Bloody Mary . Lunch was a Lamburger. It was nicely grilled but lacked the advertised sauce and olive tapenade. My wife had lobster sliders. They were well filled but missing a sauce to moderate a somewhat dry brioche roll. Sunday is a challenging time for kitchens. We will be sure to make a second visit.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

the new menu is much more limited then the old one .for example you were able to build your own burger with many options .thats gone!they said they will no longer exept prior 10 dollar offf coupons even though they have no expiration date on them as of next week and thier not printing them in berkshire eagle at this time.as for the renovation .it all looks pretty much the same to me. the portions seem smaller to me.the waitresses are very nice ,polite,curtious and friiendly..the deck is very nice as always on a warm day.

1  Thank danny586
Reviewed May 14, 2014

a menu change but the food remains good but the service was very slow on a recent Wed lunchtime visit. Price are not anywhere in line with the amount or quality of food but then again this is part of Cranwell so you are catering to tourists and not locals.

There are many other restaurants in the area that have better selection and prices.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I decided to check out Sloane' s Tavern after their renovation. Other than new lights above the old booths and new paint, not much else was done. Needs more. The new menu is very limited and pricey. I ordered the corned beef sandwich and after a 15 minute wait the sandwich was served: stale bread, limited amount of corned beef which was so fatty and chewy. Not worth the price. I definitely will not return. Not like the old Sloanes . Miss the onion soup.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Let me be perfectly clear--Sloans was closed for the entire month of March in order to be renovated, inside and out, including the menu. So if you are reading reviews before this one, notice that they were written BEFORE the change and the reopening in early April. . And it is indeed a change for the worse!

The menu choices have decreased. . My husband ordered a salad which contained kale and a few raw brussels sprouts and a few sprinkles of almond slivers. He was horrified to see that It was basically the size of a side salad and not substantial .He felt that this salad did not represent good value for the $12 cost.
On the previous menu salads were approximately three times as large, substantial enough to be eaten as a dinner entree and the choices were much more appealing (Southwest salad and other salads containing protein). .
There are no longer choices that include "make your own" burger or sandwich (with choice of toppings) or even the steak sandwich. The choice of having a hommos wrap is gone as well.
I had a turkey burger which was tasty enough with a petite garden salad on the side and a cup of soup to fill out the meal.
The decor after the renovation was not noticeably different and the service continues to be fine. My husband felt sufficiently unhappy after this meal to announce to me that he would no longer eat at Sloans. (We are local folks who have frequented Sloans a number of times a year, including eating at the replacement during the renovation. I am a member of the spa and have, in the past, enjoyed eating with friends after a session at the spa). I will miss having this experience in the future .

1  Thank baglady061