“Nachos and Cocktails”

Dining options: Reservations
Milford, Connecticut
“Nachos and Cocktails”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great nachos - Friendly service (Thanks Tanner) and good drinks. Great place to enjoy a cocktail and a snack or to grab a burger as you exit the golf cousre.

Visited June 2013

Tyringham
“More than just "Pub" dining”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Sloan's Tavern had been recommended to us by a neighbor who plays golf at Cranwell. We just went to try it for burgers for lunch and were not disappointed as the burgers were superb as well as being Paul Bunyan sized with ample French fries. Everything served hot and good. A little slow maybe but the service was friendly and happy. I'd been to the main dining room many times before but not to Sloan's Tavern which I found to be far more than just a quick lunch place. And the atmosphere certainly far better than a local sandwich shop. As it is on the golf course, we did have a bit of a problem finding the parking and door which made it sort of a comedy of errors and funny.

• Visited April 2013
Albany, NY
“A Bar Attendant Who Could Care Less, Food Just OK”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I attended a work function for two days at the Meadowview House located across the street. I stayed at Cranwell the night of Wednesday 4/17 and decided to eat at Sloan's this Wednesday night. I have written nearly 70 reviews and NEVER named anybody by name in these reviews until now due to my service being so poor. Service - Abject; Food - Average. Making Guests feel welcome - nonexistent.

I walked into Sloan's and wasn't greeted by anybody, so I decided to sit at the bar. It took about 10 minutes for Eric to even notice me as he was too busy working on receipts. I asked for a glass of wine and a menu and he seemed annoyed/put off by my request of "what brands of Chardonnay do you have". He then delivered the menu and indicated they were out of Salmon burgers - exactly what I would have ordered if they weren't out (not his fault obviously). The rest of the evening was a struggle to get Eric's attention for another drink, etc. He never came back to find out how my food was, how was I doing, never made any attempt to strike up conversation, etc. as he was too busy in the back room chatting with staff, doing whatever. Very unfriendly, not a personable or even an engaging bar attendant. Another patron at the bar had the same exact cold-shoulder type experience. I ended up with the Turkey burger which was ok to just average.

The 'Eric experience' (as I now call it to all of my friends) really had me wondering what type of server training or management this place had. Except for the front desk person who checked me in, the entire experience as a guest made me feel more like an annoyance vs. made to feel at home and welcome.

• Visited April 2013
Pittsfield,MA
“Sloan's Tavern- an old faithful spot for pub dining”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Sloans is very convenient when you need a quick dinner before the theater in the summer or want to linger at Cranwell and sit in the sun and enjoy lunch. The restaurant overlooks the golf course. The service can be variable but is generally friendly if not a little slow. I am a healthy eater myself and always find that there are a number of salads to choose from and several sandwiches that I can eat without the bread.in addition to a healthy spa suggestion entree. The food is good pub food at a slightly higher price and doesn't pretend to be anything else pretentious.
Personally, if I wanted an alternative to the very pricy spread in the Mansion on Thanksgiving, I would never pick to eat here--not special enough and there are lots of other places in the Berkshires offering T-giving dinner. Also for the sports enthusiast in your party, there is a tv with sports tuned in right over the bar. I will continue to eat here.

• Visited March 2013
new york
“Dont miss SLoans if you go to Cranwell Resort”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had French Onion Soup - So far its the best tasting I have had
Wraps too much too eat so we took it for a late night snack
Salad cant go wrong