The Village Inn Bed and Breakfast
$175
Official Site
$59
$50
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
$129
Hotels.com
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
$121
Travelocity
All reviewsb bnew englandwalking distancecommon areasour room was spaciousfrench toastomelettanglewoodfireplacecharmantiquesaccommodationsmassachusettsporch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We particularly like the Inn's convenient location in the center of Lenox, in walking distance of shops, restaurants, and Shakespeare & Co. Having a restaurant right in the same building was also handy, especially on the day of arrival. Our room (#32), billed to us as a "luxury room," was not luxurious by any means, but it was clean, adequate in size, and with all the promised accoutrements (A/c, etc...), other than the view, which was over the hotel's parking lot. Parking, reserved for hotel guests, was sufficiently ample so one could arrive late an still find a place, unlike, say, the Rockport Inn. We appreciated that they did not impose on us a 3-day minimum stay, because we prefer shorter weekends.Staff, both at the front desk and at the table, is efficient and businesslike Breakfast, while not stellar, was adequate. . The only negative aspect of our visit was the breakfast coffee (strong but, alas, harsh & somewhat bitter), but then again, poor coffee seems to be a hallmark of Lenox's B&B's and the clientele doesn't seem to mind.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
The Village I, Public Relations Manager at The Village Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear debrigard,

We sincerely appreciate your honest feedback. I see that you booked with us through Booking.com. I’d just like to clarify our room categories with regard to the “luxury room” that you reserved. We divide our room-types into Tiers (Tier 1 rooms, Tier 2 rooms, and Tier 3 rooms…Tier 1s being the largest of the three types) Your room, room 32, was of the Tier 1 category. Our Tier 1s are our nicest category of rooms, but the term “luxury” is a term applied to that category by Booking.com, not us.
We’re sorry to hear that our coffee didn’t meet your expectations! Complaints rarely come in about the coffee, but perhaps it is because everyone is distracted by the delicious homemade cookies right next to it!
We’re glad you’ll still think of us for a future stay. Give us a call directly at the inn and we’ll be sure to put you in a nice room and make sure the coffee is fresh.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend. Couldn't sleep due to noise from their pub below. I was not warned in advance despite what I see the marketing rep saying to other reviewers here. But regardless its unacceptable.

Otherwise the rooms are dirty, uncomfortable, and encourage people to stay out of their own expensive rooms.

3  Thank Adler344
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here recently to attend some concerts at Tangelwood. About the only thing I liked was it's location.

Now the negatives:
* They apparently thought it was a great idea to put a loud club/bar right below where their guests sleep. Each night I was there, I sat angrily in bed waiting until 1am when they turn off the music. If you plan on falling asleep before 1am, I would look someplace else.

* Blood stains and smears in the bathroom. It looks like it might be mosquitos that have been squashed all over it, but still, no reason they can't clean this up. Disgusting. (see photos)

* The king/queen sized bed was really two smaller beds pushed together, each being incredibly uncomfortable. I can sleep on just about anything, but these felt like concrete. I would rather any other sized bed as long as its more comfortable than those. Even an air mattress would have been better.

I'm sure they could easily fix all these issues with a remodel (except for the noisy pub music below), but until then it remains as others have pointed out, a tired, dirty, small, and not terribly comfortable place.

Room Tip: try someplace else
2  Thank AaronJD
The Village I, Public Relations Manager at The Village Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear AaronJD:

Thank you for your honest feedback about your stay. While a negative experience with us is always disheartening to hear about, we try to use all input to better our customer service. Your review was in three parts, so I’ll respond to them individually.

1) We sincerely apologize for the noise from the tavern. While this doesn’t excuse us, we do always try our hardest to make sure that those staying in a room susceptible to residual noise from the tavern - and, well, a variety of noises that result from being located downtown - know that they are susceptible.

2) Upon viewing the pictures you posted of the stains, we went and checked it out. The stains are actually leftover marks from an adhesive used around the tub. Thank you for bringing this to our attention – our housekeeping staff will be sure to address the issue.

3) All of our king-sized beds ARE really two twin beds so as to accommodate guests requiring two beds in a smaller room much simpler. We appreciate your feedback and will take that, and all comments, into consideration as we move forward with plans to update.

We take your review very seriously, and The Village Inn has begun taking the necessary steps toward an update and improvement of our rooms. We hope that you’ll give us a second chance in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Village Inn was a great disappointment, especially after reading such glowing reviews. Yes, the location is excellent right in downtown Lenox, but that is no excuse for less than clean, tired old hotel that is badly in need of updating. The room was tiny and I had to crawl over my husband every time I needed to go to the bathroom. The air conditioner was situated so that it blew right in your face — and it was such a hot weekend that we couldn’t get away without using it, especially because the windows had no screens. The room was on the third floor without an elevator; steep stairs that we stifling hot and musty (as were the hallways). When we arrived we were barely greeted with more than a grunt. The breakfast was adequate … and that is the nicest thing I can say.

5  Thank Jane S
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Just spent a night at the Village Inn, in Lenox. We were there for a concert, and previously had no info on this location other than what we found on the Internet. It's not inexpensive (but not unreasonable by summer Berkshires standards). The Inn was exactly what one would expect in this setting, and in a good way: the heart of it is a 1700s farmhouse, but it has been extended (through annexing other old building) to be fairly large. Our ground-floor room was immaculate, charming, had a (working? hard to know in July) fireplace, and a large and well-appointed bathroom (Note: Ours was designated as a Tier I room). Breakfast was a buffet the next morning, quite satisfactory. Walking distance to many restaurants, coffee shops, and the like.
One bit of info: before we came I called to ask the desk if walking to the concert (and back) was feasible: I was imagining a highway in the dark. She cautioned us that it was a longish walk and uphill coming back. But we found it an easy and pleasant walk of 1.5 miles, far superior to driving! (we were moving as fast as the cars on the road back into the village!) So if you are coming for a Tanglewood event, there's no reason to move your car after you get here!

Room Tip: I believe we were on the far side from the bar that other posters have mentioned - no noise issues at all.
1  Thank aworden