“Another wonderful experience!”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
Long Island, NY
“Another wonderful experience!”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This was my husband and my third stay at Hampton Terrace. Walking through the front door truly felt like returning to our home away from home. Stan greeted us warmly and introduced us to another guest walking through the living area. He brought us up to our room and explained how to use the jacuzzi and fireplace and asked if there was anything additional that we needed. Throughout our stay, Stan was available and interactive. The breakfasts, prepared by Susan, Stan's wife, were delicious and plentiful. As soon as an item starting emptying, it was immediately filled. Even though we came down to breakfast towards the end of the allotted time, we were never rushed. We appreciated the suggestions Stan provided for restaurants as well as where was a good place to order a picnic basket to bring to Tanglewood. Although my husband and I did not make use of the pool, our friends did and found it quite relaxing and enjoyable. Hampton Terrace is a gracious, historic home that has been beautifully appointed. The proximity to town can't be beat and we are looking forward to our next return visit!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed at the B & B to attend a mid-week performance at Tanglewood. Upon our arrival, the Inn's owner greeted us in a routine, matter-of-fact manner and was interrupted by cell phone calls. Not the most auspicious beginning. The living room and parlors on the main floor of the Inn are tired and dark. From the history of the Inn provided it seems that the current owners, the Rosens, purchased the place form a former family. There is no mark of their own personality or interest. what once was appealing is now quite unremarkable. Our room was in the "cottage" behind the main house. Again, the common areas were tired and dull. The place lacks warmth and a warm welcome!

3 Thank haroldsnedcof
HamptonT, Owner at Hampton Terrace Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
We are very appreciative of constructive criticism... We have hosted 4,000 guests since our last negative review....and the disappointing thing is that all guests receive an e-mail before arrival guaranteeing a good stay. This couple just stayed one night....at our 30% off mid-week discount.... with no negative comment to me at all. They are also encouraged by e-mail after they leave to let us know how things went...once again, no feedback. All of this is especially remarkable in that we have JUST THIS MONTH freshly painted all of the main house common rooms and white trims. The place has NEVER been so fresh and bright. Please refer to the previous 50 reviews about our enthusiam with our guests and our decor. To say that a freshly painted inn, which has a 99% satisfaction index reflected over 300 Trip Advisor reviews, is tired and dark? ..... I won't deny that my cell phone rang hot this week....65,000 people were coming into town for the James Taylor concert....but I never talk on my phone while checking in guests. I always ask them to call right back. We cannot be surprised that from every several thousand guests there is one whose expections we cannot meet. I think that is a good goal. But I encourage this reviewer, and others who stay here, to express concerns to me directly, not through a third party review, and give us a chance to make things right. We always do....
Great Neck, New York
Reviewed July 2, 2011

My wife and I had tickets to a James Taylor concert at Tanglewood, and we stayed in this lovely bed and breakfast conveniently located in Lenox. The accommodations were first rate, the breakfast was delicious, and the innkeepers were gracious and welcoming. We couldn't have found a better place to stay, and we look forward to going back the next time we're in the area.

Ventnor, N.J.
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This was my third stay at the Hampton Terrace and found it again very comfortable, charming and pleasant. The first two times I was in the main house and this visit in the cottages in the back. (Peerless room). I found it to be just as nice.

Word of warning to light sleepers: bring earplugs. ( church across the street starts bonging at 7am). This is not a deterrant just a heads up. I plan on staying there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sympany
HamptonT, Owner at Hampton Terrace Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
We love this guest and look forward to each return. She called us to say that she meant to say in this review that all inns in Lenox are subject to the same bell ringing. She wanted to make it clear that she did not mean that other inns might be preferable.....she will always come back to us. I told her I had a way to get that message across.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My wife and I were part of a wedding party that was staying at the inn. (The wedding was being held elsewhere.) I think we had six rooms. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, tastefully furnished, and quiet. Stan, the innkeeper, was a gracious, relaxed host, always available to provide information and assistance, but never intrusive. He and his wife serve up a bountiful, delicious breakfast, each with a special dish (think "chocolate French toast"). Historic downtown Lenox is just around the corner from the inn. The inn has a beautifully located heated swimming pool. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011
Chicago
Reviewed June 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed four nights in the Bonner Room. We loved it. The bed and breakfast was quaint, clean, and well decorated. We didn't use it, but the common room was large and well furnished with a large fireplace. The room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was huge. It was a two minute walk to downtown Lenox, which, in my opinion, is one of the quainter towns in the Berkshires. Breakfast was large and varied. We came down late most mornings, and everything was always fresh, meaning it hadn't been sitting out for three hours. The proprietors were friendly and helpful. There was a pool, but the weather was too cool, so I can't comment on whether it was nice.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Our weekend at the Hampton Terrace couldn't have been better. The house is very historic, and I appreciate how much effort the owners must take to keep it in this condition. Our room in the main house was charming and bright with a comfortable bed and great fireplace. I am a bit of a hotel snob when it comes to cleanliness, and I have to say that our room was spotless. The common areas are beautifully furnished, and there's even a bar from which you can borrow glasses, corkscrews and cocktail shakers (all key to a weekend getaway).

Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, and for those who don't like communal tables, there are tables for two on the sun porch.

Stan and Susan are gracious hosts. Stan is always available and helpful, and we enjoyed talking with him, but I never felt monitored or watched (which apparently can be an issue in some other B&Bs, based on reviews of other B&Bs on this site).

The Inn is located within walking distance to restaurants, Ventforth Hall and the excellent wine shop to which we received a gift card when we checked in. Stan provides a list of local restaurant suggestions, and based on that, we enjoyed dinners at Nudel and Prime (both of which were great experiences) and lunch at Alta, where despite the crowd, the service and the food was great. We also traveled to Great Barrington, where lunch at the Aegean Sea involved a live Caribbean band.

This was a great getaway, and I thank Stan and Susan for their hospitality.

1 Thank WearyTraveler2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
LakeHouse Inn
LakeHouse Inn
#1 of 9 in Lee

Been to Hampton Terrace Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!