All reviews sherry room furnace brook winery homemade chocolate chip cookies free wine tasting cottage rooms apple picking few minutes walk breakfast was delicious new england cross country skiing heated pool restaurants and shops working fireplace the main house common areas within easy walking distance wood burning fireplace
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was my first trip to Lenox and Garden Gables Inn proved to be the perfect location. Denise was extremely helpful and welcoming and our rooms were of a good quality and clean. Tea/coffee was available 24/7 as were the best cookies I have ever tasted - will be contacting them separately to ask for the recipe! Dry and sweet sherry were also available in the lounge and was a lovely touch. Breakfast lovely and the associated Orchard/vineyard was well worth a visit - I have 2 bottles of the lovely Apple Ice Wine in my fridge but have a feeling they won't be there for long. Would highly recommend Garden Gables as the perfect location in the beautiful Lenox countryside.

Room tip: There are a variety of rooms in different sizes - you select the room you want when your book, a wonderful idea. I had room 14 which was excellent. My friend was in a smaller room and don't think she found it quite as comfortable.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this wonderful inn on beautiful grounds. Our room was lovely. The environment warm and serene. The breakfast was superb. I had the french toast, fresh fruit, and fresh squeezed orange juice. It was delicious. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed her egg white omelet. The service was impeccable. It was obvious how much care went into creating this special place for guests. I look forward to returning with my husband to this truly delightful inn.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Not a big fan of B&B's but this place was very nice and quiet. My wife and I spent 3 nights in one of the larger rooms, king bed, 2 arm chairs, small sofa, fireplace and private balcony. The free breakfast was amazing with a great selection of home cooked entrees. Unfortunately it was rainy or overcast most of the time so we were unable to use the new outdoor heated pool. Great selection of restaurants in the Lenox area. Only two hours from our home so will put it on the top of our "getaway" weekend list.

Room tip: All rooms looked nice but we loved the larger corner room.(#14&15)
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Our recent stay at the Garden Gables Inn was excellent. The room was spacious with many amenities. Denise, the innkeeper, was extremely helpful and gave excellent recommendations for dinners and excursions. The breakfast was served in an enclosed porch with private tables for each party. The food was fresh and service excellent.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Our third stay at the Garden Gables, and once again, Denise and her staff proved that this IS where you should stay when looking for an inn in the Berkshires! On this weekend I was attending a board meeting/retreat - and was so impressed with the planning and attention to detail - the rooms, set ups, dinner and breakfast were excellent, and the cocktails and appetizers in the sherry room - wow! You will feel relaxed and more than a little bit pampered when you stay at the Garden Gables Inn.
P.S. Location - right in Lenox, walk to everything... yet quiet, beautifully landscaped grounds - you relax the moment you drive in!

Date of stay: April 2014