All reviews sherry room furnace brook winery homemade chocolate chip cookies free wine tasting cottage rooms apple picking few minutes walk breakfast was delicious new england cross country skiing heated pool working fireplace restaurants and shops the main house common areas within easy walking distance wood burning fireplace
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Wonderful location, we walked into Lenox for dinner and shopping. Denise, the innkeeper, helped us to make reservations for dinner and had very helpful suggestions for exploring the area. It is a great place for a weekend getaway. It was very cold so it was wonderful to have a fireplace.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My sisters and I stayed here for a week-end retreat. We loved the service and care, loved the Inn overall and the breakfast. We were all six, however, disappointed in the size of the rooms and/or bathrooms.

Here's what we liked:
Good service/friendly staff
Fantastic grounds, beautiful fall leaves
The owners own an apple orchard- we picked for free
The hot apple cider available through-out the day
Overall clean attractive rooms
What we didn't like:
The rooms were too small!
The bathroom in suite 12- was way to small, there was no counter space for make up, toiletries etc. There was hardly room to dress in the small bathroom. There was an uninviting old fabricated tub-shower combination. The second room of the suite was so small there was hardly any room to walk- we were told that most occupants would send their luggage for the staff to store to give more walking space. The kitchenette area (tiny) also housed the TV. There was no sink so you had to use the bathroom sink for dishes, rinsing etc.
Room 9 had a much nicer bathroom in terms of size and had a separate tub and shower. The chrome was turning green /discolored though, which turned my sister and mother off so they would not use the large otherwise inviting tub. That room also had limited walk space.

Once we got over the shock of the very small rooms and decided to enjoy anyway we had a great time because everything else was so nice.

2  Thank SJNMom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here to hide from Hurricane Sandy and had an incredible time. We were due to be in Newport but headed north with a view to battening down the hatches for a couple of days.

The welcome was incredible and we were given our pick of the rooms and the run of the house. There was a plentiful supply of goodies at all times - cookies, hot chocolate, coffee, cider, sherry, nuts... A fabulous book and dvd library and plenty of cosy corners to curl up in.

Breakfast was ridiculously good. Whatever we wanted was prepared to perfection with the cinnamon apple strudel being a particular highlight.

We stayed at Green Gables during a hurricane, had the time of our lives and will travel half way around the world to stay again in the future.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Our stay at the Garden Gables was exceptional. Denise went above and beyond to make our trip special. The service was the best I have had at a hotel! The location is perfect and could not be closer to town. The property and winery are beautiful, not to mention you get free wine tastings! The rooms are charming and cozy. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I am not usually a fan of a bed and breakfast. The Garden Gables Inn exceeded my expectations in every way. It is a lovely home filled with gorgeous furnishings. The fireplaces are wonderful. The beds are so comfy that I felt like I was in a cocoon!! The Innkeeper, Denise, made us feel like we were family and accommodated any need or interest that we had. It is just a short walk to the lovely town of Lenox. The breakfast choices were numerous and had anything that we could hope to consider. It was overall a superb stay. We hated to leave after 3 days at the Inn. We will return!

Room tip: We were in room #1 as I was traveling with my adult daughter. This room had 2 fabulous twin beds and a fireplace.
1  Thank dwidget13