All reviews sherry room furnace brook winery homemade chocolate chip cookies free wine tasting cottage rooms apple picking few minutes walk breakfast was delicious new england cross country skiing heated pool working fireplace restaurants and shops the main house common areas within easy walking distance wood burning fireplace
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a great time at this B&B in September. It's a nice house well decorated, with nice rooms to sit in an relax and have a glass of brandy which is complimentary as well as coffee and cookies. Very attentive personnel. They own an apple orchard which guests can visit, get free wine tasting a bag for picking your own apples and back in the field there is a picnic table with a gorgeous view of the valley. Worth the visit. Worth the stat. Lenox is quite nice as well.

Room tip: We stayed in one of the cottages outside the main building. Room #17. Spacious and well acquainted. Fire place, coffee maker, apples. Nice.
1  Thank HersonMM
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Able to spend just one night in Lenox, we happily chose the Garden Gable Inn. The innkeeper and her on-site staff were easy to work with, professional and thoughtful. They made sure the roses I'd requested were in the room when we arrived and insured we were able to take them home intact. The waitress at breakfast was personable and helpful, sharing recommendations for our meal as well as information about the town. Our trip to nearby Furnace Brook Winery at Hilltop Orchard was fun and certainly worthwhile. We got to pick apples in the orchard and took the opportunity to do the free wine tasting and buy several gifts in the winery. Prior to leaving we were given a tour of unoccupied rooms, anticipating we will return in the summer.

Room tip: Queen beds are in attractive, somewhat smaller rooms at a good price-point. I'd recommend the king bedded, somewhat larger, more expensive rooms, especially if your are staying for 2 or more nights.
Date of stay: October 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We spent the night of October 8, 2013, at the Garden Gables Inn. It was a wonderful experience and one I hope to repeat again. The Inn is lovely and just sparkles. The hostess greeted me upon our arrival and made me feel right at home. The rest of the stall was wonderful as well. Our room was wonderful, the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom Immaculate. We did have a fireplace in our room but we did not use it. There were always chocolate chip cookies and fresh coffee, teas etc. available. There was also sherry available in the living room of the main building for anyone that might care to try it - we did not - but it was a nice thought. The breakfast the next morning was over the top. I had an omelet that was fantastic and my husband really enjoyed his pancakes. There was also a buffet table that had bacon, sausage, breads, rolls etc. that you could chose from to add to whatever you picked from their menu or just as a meal by itself. The Inn is close enough to town that you can walk there if you wish - we would have but the day we were there was rainy and cold so we drove. This was our last stop on a weeks trip and it was just the icing on the cake. It made a perfect end to what was a great trip.

Date of stay: October 2013
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Garden Gables Inn exceeded our expectations in every way. The accommodations were superior, everything in working order and many details that made our stay most comfortable. Staff was super friendly and helpful. There was a lot of information provided about area attractions. Breakfast was spectacular! Not only a beautiful buffet spread but a chef-prepared-to-order menu of omelets, french toast, pancakes, etc. We also visited the orchard/winery operated by the same innkeeper, did some free apple picking and wine tasting. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate. We only wish we'd had more time to laze around and enjoy all the amenities, but alas, there's so much to see and do in the Berkshires area, we'll have to come back!!

Room tip: We had the Carpenter's Room which has a lovely veranda overlooking the lawn and pool.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ahhhhh is all I can say to describe our quick jaunt to the Garden Gables! Upon arrival, we were greeted by Denise, our innkeeper. She was so helpful, everything to finding a good place to eat to providing me with her recipe to those FANTASTIC cookies (PS--If you are reading this Denise, my son LOVED the cookies and told me to MAKE MORE!). The breakfast was to die for--my husband, being the healthy eater, LOVED the omelets. Me, on the other hand, felt I was on vacation and had to take advantage of all the great food had apple streusel French toast and Belgium waffles. I can't say either were better than the other but I just wish I was staying longer to try everything on the menu! Orange juice was fresh squeezed every day... YUM! We were in such close proximity to so much, it made our lives easier (or possibly harder because we had SOOO many choices!) My husband and I already said we were going to make this an annual thing for our anniversary... :)

Room tip: We stayed in Room 19, which was part of the cabins. I felt like we had much privacy... GREAT location; however a bit noisy in the morning. Didn't wake me up by any means, but you could definitely hear the traffic as the day went on...