All reviews sherry room furnace brook winery homemade chocolate chip cookies free wine tasting cottage rooms apple picking few minutes walk breakfast was delicious new england cross country skiing heated pool restaurants and shops working fireplace common areas the main house within easy walking distance wood burning fireplace
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ahhhhh is all I can say to describe our quick jaunt to the Garden Gables! Upon arrival, we were greeted by Denise, our innkeeper. She was so helpful, everything to finding a good place to eat to providing me with her recipe to those FANTASTIC cookies (PS--If you are reading this Denise, my son LOVED the cookies and told me to MAKE MORE!). The breakfast was to die for--my husband, being the healthy eater, LOVED the omelets. Me, on the other hand, felt I was on vacation and had to take advantage of all the great food had apple streusel French toast and Belgium waffles. I can't say either were better than the other but I just wish I was staying longer to try everything on the menu! Orange juice was fresh squeezed every day... YUM! We were in such close proximity to so much, it made our lives easier (or possibly harder because we had SOOO many choices!) My husband and I already said we were going to make this an annual thing for our anniversary... :)

Room tip: We stayed in Room 19, which was part of the cabins. I felt like we had much privacy... GREAT location; however a bit noisy in the morning. Didn't wake me up by any means, but you could definitely hear the traffic as the day went on...
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I just spent three nights at this lovely Inn. The innkeeper, Denise, is one of the most helpful and gracious of any we have come across. She was most accommodating and always concerned about our comfort and needs. The food that she prepared (homemade cookies put out daily, scrumptious breakfasts) was first class, and portions were generous. Pat, serving us in the breakfast room, was friendly and helpful. Another nice touch is that there is sherry placed out for guests on the living room coffee table, with dainty glasses lined up, should a guest desire to pour a glass. The guest rooms were thoroughly cleaned by energetic housekeeping staff, and were well-maintained. The location is very close to town, which makes it easy to walk to area cafes and shops. We will definitely return, and highly recommend this Inn to others.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our three night stay was absolutely perfect. As it happens Wendy,one of the owners, was on the premises due to the temporary absence of the inn keeper, Denise Altland. Wendy took us in hand and provided us with the most personal and caring service possible. Denise returned and continued with the same professional and friendly service. The quality of the furnishings in the rooms and public areas are all first class and superb quality. For our breakfasts, Pat in the dining room, always remembered the personal preferences for each of the travellers, another touch of inimate care. The choice and quality of the breakfast menu was excellent. Rooms # 14 and 15 were particularly elegant and spacious with the added bonus of private decks.
This establishment is highly recomended and well worth a second and more visits.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was the third year we stayed at GG. We love this inn, Denise and Kelly are wonderful help to the guests, we love them. We missed John and wish him a speedy recovery from surgery. Enjoyed especially the heated pool three times We loved sitting on the balcony and plan to return in 2014,at the same time and the same room. Thank you for the wine, the Pinot Noir was especially good.

Room tip: rooms with balcony
Reviewed September 3, 2013

There are places in the Berkshires that are more posh, but I challenge anyone to find any that are more service-oriented. The staff is personable, but not intrusive, and seem genuinely happy helping to make staying here a joy. The breakfast is fabulous, the grounds peaceful and the location is the best in town (an easy walk to just about everything). Garden Gables is a great value and the purveyor of wonderful memories.

Room tip: Spend a tad more for a slightly larger room. Some of the small ones are really small (but nice)!
Date of stay: August 2013