All reviews sherry room furnace brook winery homemade chocolate chip cookies free wine tasting cottage rooms apple picking few minutes walk breakfast was delicious new england cross country skiing heated pool working fireplace restaurants and shops the main house common areas within easy walking distance wood burning fireplace
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Second time we've had the great pleasure of staying at the Inn. The first time (2010) we stayed in a Main House room. This trip time we opted for a a cottage room. Room was lovely and well maintained. The breakfast was very good with a great variety of choices. John Vittorio personally greeted each guest during breakfast and the staff can't seem to do enough to make your stay special.

Lenox is a wonderfully quaint town with numerous nice shops and the proximity to Tangelwood is very convenient. We also usually try to take advantage of the great theater options provided by the the Berkshire Theater Group.

Room tip: We upgraded to one of the cabin rooms for this trip and found it to be money well spent.
Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank brandall119
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We planned a nice weekend away to see a concert at Tanglewood. GG provided a perfect spot to stay and relax. The lawn and gardens was spacious and green. The pool, while plain the decking and chaise lounge chairs were perfect for soaking up the sun or taking a nap which I did. If sun is not your thing the deck had plenty of full sized umbrellas.

If we go back i would book a larger room; with that said it was summer and the weather more than pleasant so we did not spend much time in the room. The inn is decorated with paintings, gorgeous Windsor chairs and comfy couches.

The breakfast for our two night stay was exceptional. Plenty of fruit, nuts pastries, and yogurt. The second day I enjoyed a scrumptious coffee cake. Along with the expanded continental breakfast the chef serves up eggs, waffles and pancakes to order.

The staff were very courteous and helpful. Upon arrival the receptionist greeted us checked us in and gave a quick tour of the inn and its amenities. We arrived mid-afternoon and the receptionist made dinner recommendations and happily made reservations at the restaurant of our choice.

Location was excellent, set far enough back not to hear traffic of the popular town but it was 5 minutes away from all the shops and restaurants.

Room tip: Book a larger room if budget allows.
Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I spent five nights at Garden Gables Inn and loved every moment! Charming, quaint, quiet, peaceful, beautiful grounds within a block's walking distance to Lenox's main square - yet with ALL the modern amenties - Wi-Fi, flat screen TV's and absolutely the best complimentary breakfast you'll find. We splurged and had the French Toast and Pancakes almost every morning! And the pool is a a total luxury for this area...each afternoon after visiting museums and mansions or shopping, we would perch on our chaise lounges with umbrellas and an ice bucket and sip on Irish Whiskey while reading, napping or swimming. Or, we'd sit on the adirondack lounge chairs with the cool breezes whispering in the trees and we'd listen to the birds singing. The staff is absolutely so professional and friendly and willing to help with any requests - even our 6:45am request for a pot of coffee! The owner John stopped by every day at breakfast to chat with his guests and make sure everyone was having a great time. We visited some of the other "more expensive" resorts in the area and found them very pretentious - Garden Gables is a nice little slice of heaven and you'll love it!

Room tip: We stayed in one of the four newer units/suites built in a side house to the main house...very quiet and private...
Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank Chopper088
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Spent two nights at the Garden Gables, which had been recommended by a friend as his favorite place in Lenox. Friendly staff, quiet atmosphere, very nice room. Breakfast, as noted by many, was excellent. I do like to swim in the mornings while traveling, and the pool is unique - large, plenty of room for laps, and apparently one of the oldest (but well-maintained) outdoor pools in the Berkshires. I'd certainly return for another stay.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. We were expecting the world after all the great reviews so maybe that jaded us a bit. The inn is nice but I have definitely stayed at nicer places in the area. I will say it was extremely private. We rarely saw anyone, guests or staff. The breakfasts were good. We did enjoy those. The common areas are nice. I really felt that our room was a bit small and dull for the price. We spent the weekend tripping over our bags because space was a bit tight. I'm a bit of a clean freak and the dust in the room was surprising. the headboard of the bed had not been touched in quite a while. The phone in the room was dusty as was the A/C vent. The inn did have some nice features but overall for the price I think I'll go back to one of the other places that we've stayed in Lenox.

Date of stay: May 2012