All reviews sherry room furnace brook winery homemade chocolate chip cookies free wine tasting cottage rooms apple picking few minutes walk breakfast was delicious new england cross country skiing heated pool working fireplace restaurants and shops the main house common areas within easy walking distance wood burning fireplace
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Spent two nights at the Garden Gables, which had been recommended by a friend as his favorite place in Lenox. Friendly staff, quiet atmosphere, very nice room. Breakfast, as noted by many, was excellent. I do like to swim in the mornings while traveling, and the pool is unique - large, plenty of room for laps, and apparently one of the oldest (but well-maintained) outdoor pools in the Berkshires. I'd certainly return for another stay.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. We were expecting the world after all the great reviews so maybe that jaded us a bit. The inn is nice but I have definitely stayed at nicer places in the area. I will say it was extremely private. We rarely saw anyone, guests or staff. The breakfasts were good. We did enjoy those. The common areas are nice. I really felt that our room was a bit small and dull for the price. We spent the weekend tripping over our bags because space was a bit tight. I'm a bit of a clean freak and the dust in the room was surprising. the headboard of the bed had not been touched in quite a while. The phone in the room was dusty as was the A/C vent. The inn did have some nice features but overall for the price I think I'll go back to one of the other places that we've stayed in Lenox.

Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank gretaloo
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Excellent location and first rate service. This is my place of choice in Lennox.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank rgpallett
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Garden Gables Inn this June for 1 night. We hadn't booked in advance but the innkeeper was able to accommodate us. We had a lovely & spotlessly clean room. The inn is also within walking distance of Lenox centre. The breakfast was also very good - lots of choice & delicious. I would certainly recommend it.

1  Thank KatieF123
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is a wonderful and well run bed and breakfast. My wife and I felt very much at home though a combination of staff attentiveness and the cozy, comfortable atmosphere of the well kept inn. I enjoyed the nightly offerings of sherry and fresh baked cookies. The breakfast meals were well prepared --don't pass up the Apple strudel French toast. I even got to enjoy the swimming pool which is large enough to swim laps. The innkeeper (Denise) was very helpful in identifying places to eat and items of interest. I am working with Denise to set up a special fall weekend tour for my book club. I will include visits to Berkshire literary sites including the homes of Melville, Hawthorne and Edith Wharton. (All are nearby.)

Room tip: I am a Berkshire County native and especially appreciate its Lenox location. The Inn is well situated for exploring beautiful Lenox by foot and allows for relatively short trips to locations North and South in the County. As a son of North Berkshire, I recommend trips to Williamstown and North Adams for the excellent art museums and theater/entetrainment as well as to a scenic rail to trails byway extending between Adams and Lanesboro --much of it along Cheshire Lake
1  Thank Cestmoibob