All reviews sherry room furnace brook winery homemade chocolate chip cookies free wine tasting cottage rooms apple picking few minutes walk breakfast was delicious new england cross country skiing heated pool restaurants and shops working fireplace common areas the main house within easy walking distance wood burning fireplace
Reviewed May 18, 2012

As we approached our 40th wedding anniversary we found the Garden Gables Inn was featured on SniqueAway, TripAdvisor's sister site. After reading the excellent reviews and viewing the photos we thought we found the perfect quick getaway. We were not disappointed. We were greeted at the door by the owner John who gave us a tour of the inn as he led us to our room, #15. The innkeeper, Denise, was on vacation and John stepped in as chef for breakfast which was wonderful. Not only would we love to return, we are purchasing a gift certificate for friends for their anniversary.

Room tip: Room 15 is one of the larger rooms with a fireplace and balcony - don't miss the chocolate chip cookies and enjoy the sherry room.
Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in February. It's a wonderful inn, and Denise is the best innkeeper. She's friendly and welcoming and at the same time, gives you your space - and to top it off, she's an excellent chef! Because it was a long drive for us, I booked us the 'chef's table' at the Inn for our first night's dinner and I'm so happy I did, dinner was delicious! My husband had to refrain from licking his plate - and the dessert was a perfect sweet ending: homemade lemon pound cake with fresh whipped cream, lemon curd and berries.

I would absolutely stay here again. The only negatives during our stay were:

We stayed in a large room (#15) but the bathroom could use a little sprucing up. I assumed the 'whirlpool' tub would be a large tub but it's just a regular tub with whirlpool jets and the bathroom is so dark, I really didn't feel like soaking. It could use a little renovating.

Also my husband and I booked massages, and (unfortunately I can not remember the name of the man who was our massage therapist) but hands-down the WORST massage either of us has ever had! I get massages often, I was surprised that I wasn't told or asked upon booking if a male masseuse would be okay with me (kinda not) and when I was chatting with him, I asked "how long have you been doing massage" and he said 7 years. There's just no way this guy has been a professional massage therapist for 7 years. He used almost no pressure, even though I kept saying "you can use more pressure"; there was no skill or technique or type of style (swedish, shiatsu, etc) and I kept waiting for him to get started but in the end it was just a really annoying, disappointing experience - waste of time and money. My husband was equally underwhelmed with his massage. So just a head's up.

Date of stay: January 2012
5  Thank CucinaTravel
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I recently visited Lenox and chose the Garden Gables Inn because of the reviews on tripadvisor, and they were right on! The house is absolutely beautiful, well maintained, immaculate, and rich with history and original detail. We stayed in room 9 and it was fantastic! Beautiful decor and bedding, definitely made us feel right at home. Denise, the inn keeper was great. Her cooking was amazing! From the french toast breakfasts to the fresh cookies (available all the time), we definitely did not go hungry. Garden Gables Inn was the best choice we could have made for our first trip to the Berkshires, and we'll definitely go back to our home away from home!

Room tip: Room #9 was in the main house on the first floor (for those who don't like stairs) but still provided privacy. It also has its own porch.
Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We spent a weekend at the Garden Gables Inn and as beautiful as the Berkshires are, we didn't feel like leaving the inn. The beds, linens and towels made getting up each morning difficult, and the main motivation was the scrumptious breakfast! Comfortable sitting areas made for perfect read and relax areas and the unforgettable chocolate chip cookies Denise made gave us more reason to stay put! All in all, a wonderful, wonderful experience!

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Really a wonderful place. The rooms to the wonderfully gracious hosts.
I would and definitely plan on returning. John was a wonderful host and Denise was gracious and helpful innkeeper. We felt pampered.

Date of stay: March 2012