All reviews sherry room furnace brook winery homemade chocolate chip cookies free wine tasting cottage rooms apple picking few minutes walk breakfast was delicious new england cross country skiing heated pool restaurants and shops working fireplace the main house common areas within easy walking distance wood burning fireplace
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Our stay ay the Garden Gables Inn couldn't have been better. The Inn is a delight filled with comfort, hospitality and comfort. The staff from John (the owner) to Denise the inkeeper & chef and staff made us feel welcome and comfortable from the minute we arrived. The room was great. The food was a delight and we felt like we belonged here as if was our getaway home. John keep cooking those chocolate chip cookies - they were the best. We'll be back.

Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My Partner and I just stayed two nights and loved the moon lit hike they offer at there winery We enjoyed the inn very much and thought Denise was so hospitable and a fantastic chef! What I really love to is how happy and friendly Julie was when meeting us. She made us feel special at the winery and appreciated that we stayed at her inn. Thank you!

Date of stay: January 2012
2  Thank Christina R
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The reviews for this Inn rate it the best for a reason. We visiited just after the foliage season making for a much needed quiet break from Boston prior to preparing for the holidays. Being able to walk to the local shops and out for dinner was nice and the Inn is perfectly located in-order to make short drives to other destinations in the area as well. Our room had charming furnishings with modern upgrades that you would expect at this type of property. Denise the Inn Keeper was very kind, attentive and assisted with area attractions which was also helpful as this was our first stay in the Berkshires. A great stay at a great property that has interesting history. Don't forget to make the 15 minute drive to the orchard/winery that is held by the same ownership!

Date of stay: December 2011
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank M M
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I spent 3 nights here. We were pleasantly surprised to be one of 2 couples there. Basically, we had the place to ourselves. Our room, 14, was great with a king bed and balcony as well as a fireplace. We were warmly welcomed by the Innkeeper, Denise. The placed was beautifully decorated for christmas. We took full advantage of the free hiking and wine tasting at the Hilltop Orchards/Furnace Brook Winery owned by the Inn. The breakfast was amazing and made to order. They can handle any and all food issues and asked many times if all needs were being met. We did not try the spa treatments but the treatment room looked nice. There is free Wi-Fi and free parking. Lenox center is only a few minutes walk. we would definitely go back. There is always free coffee/tea/fruit/cookies during the day.

Room tip: Defnitely look at the photos on the website and read other reviews of the rooms. The rooms are photographed in the best way possible on the website. In person, some of the rooms are cramped. (I peeked.)
Date of stay: December 2011
2  Thank blondechickma
Reviewed December 16, 2011

My husband and I were celebrating our first wedding anniversary, and were in need of "us" time I feared that an B&B wouldn't allow the privacy we desperately needed, and our city life couldn't provide. Denise the Inn keeper was a perfect mix for concierge and Lennox expert with and extra side of being an amazing chef. Our tough lives melted in her daily chocolate chip cookies, and wonderfully made breakfast feast hearts. We adored every moment of our stay and I was so thankful she was so incredibly knowledgeable about GLUTEN FREE eaters that I felt safe and taken care of. She even sent me a wonderful recipe for flour brownies. I couldn't believe the service and how comfortable we were. Ten stars!

Date of stay: November 2011