We went to the Cornell Inn in February with a few friends. Overall, our experience was disappointing. Despite the great breakfasts and cordial service by the new owners, we found some very basic elements missing at this B&B - we were disappointed with the check-in/ check-out times, our rooms and the common areas were uncomfortably cold and the overall quality of the B&B did not warrant the rate we paid.
What we liked:
- The breakfasts were great, especially the Sunday brunch
- The location is convenient, close to the downtown area
- The new owners are friendly - they gave us great local restaurant tips and tried to ensure that we had an enjoyable stay despite the hiccups we faced
What we did not like:
- Check in time was 5 PM to 7 PM, they were pretty inflexible about this. Oddly, enough check-out time was 12 noon and unsurprisingly, they made sure we left at noon. It felt like we had been robbed of half a day of stay at the B&B
- Our rooms were not warm enough. They provided us a space heater in our room but our friends had to arm-wrestle to get enough heat for their room
- The common areas were uncomfortably cold. The innkeeper was nice enough to bring space heaters and light up the fireplace when we sat in the common areas, but it was never warm and toasty, as you'd expect to feel in a B&B in winter
- The rooms were very ordinary. Everything seemed old and only semi-functional. The whole place seemed to creak when fellow guests walked around. Our bed was not very comfortable. Our bathroom was exceptionally small. Overall, we felt like we paid way more than we should have for a room of this quality
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Cornell Inn, a three-guesthouse inn located in the heart of historic Lenox village. The Main House (c. 1888) is a Victorian with 10 guest rooms. The Carriage House (c. 1889) is decorated in a country primitive style. Two of the suites in the Carriage House each offer full kitchens, perfect for long-term guests. The MacDonald House, a private family home built in 1777, has 10 guest rooms, each decorated in the Colonial style. All rooms are strictly non-smoking, have private bathrooms, high definition cable with flat panel TVs, and air conditioning. Many of our rooms feature fireplaces, jetted tubs, refrigerators, and/or decks to offer you year-round comfort. The inn has a private pub for houseguests only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Cornell Inn Lenox reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cornell In Lenox Hotel Lenox