Brook Farm Inn
$175
Official Site
$59
$50
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort(Lenox)(Great Value!)
$129
Hotels.com
Courtyard Marriott Lenox Berkshires(Lenox)(Great Value!)
$121
Travelocity
Travelocity
All reviewssconesguest pantryb bhot dishbreakfast was deliciousperfect hoststhird floorlovely weekendnew englandthe norman rockwell museumbed and breakfastpleasant stayour home away from homeold housesitting roomother guestslenox center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Outstanding B&B. Hosts warm and friendly. Immediately take care of any issue that arises. Breakfast excellent, with home baked main dish and cakes/breads, fresh fruit, cereals. Always helpful, providing info about area and will make reservations if you want. Rooms always very clean and comfortable. Walk to Lenox. Short drive to Tanglewood. We highly recommend this place .

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My mother, daughter and I stayed here when visiting my daughter's camp. My daughter (11) called the Skylight room "the best room ever". It was gabled, and cozy, with a double and two twins - perfect for the three of us, and with plenty of secret places that my daughter found charming. It wasn't fancy, but very pretty and comfortable. The house is gorgeous, and the grounds very nice, with a small but very pretty pool in back. Linda and Phil were great hosts from the beginning, and gave us tips on restaurants and getting to town. We were able to easily walk to town, which was a big plus, and the next morning I took a long walk in the other direction - beautiful estates and open land. Breakfast was great, a combination of buffet and hot dish that included items my picky daughter liked. We would definitely come back, and if my daughter continues to go to camp in the area, would make it an annual visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

A fabulous Inn. Great location within a short walk of the centre Lenox and very close to Tanglewood. We had a wonderfully spacious suite to accommodate our family with everything we could possibly have needed and more. Beautiful grounds with a delightful outdoor pool and my daughter took a particular liking to the hammock perfectly positioned under a shady tree. Great breakfasts at which innkeeper Phil entertained our two children with his clever magic tricks and even taught my son one to remember his visit by. We loved it and recommend it to everyone. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My wife and I usually stay in hotels when we travel, which is usually for conferences. My parents invited us to a weekend in Tanglewood, and suggested we stay with them at a Bed & Breakfast they reserved. Everything was strangely.........awesome!
First of all, Phil & Linda, the hosts, cooks, concierge and sometimes restaurant finders, are perfect for this business. They were there when you needed them but not intrusive. We were sitting out at the pool (just right, unless you're michael phelps, who needs an olympic swimming pool to cool off on a hot day anyway?) when Phil shows up, greets everyone in his usual friendly manner, does a quick 30 second cleaning, then jumps in! And every restaurant we visited, we asked the Halperns first, and they never lead us astray. Funny thing was, we noticed the same Berkshires friendliness in all the restauranteurs as well. In the morning, breakfast was included, and this was awesome as well. Every day was another nice surprise.
The best thing about this inn, for me at least, was the sense of peace and quiet. I believe they were sold out and full but (partially thanks to our hosts) i felt like my family were the only ones staying there. We never felt rushed or had to wait to sit at a breakfast table, sitting area couch, or poolside chair. Most of the guests are very reserved and it's unlikely you'll run into a bunchof unruly teenagers or screaming babies here.
The staff at the B& B were also very nice. Every morning, in the 30 minutes we spent at breakfast, our room managed to be made up. We probably had the smallest room at the Inn, but it suited our needs. My parents room was bigger, but not pretentious, and had alot of cute arrangements, like Teddy Bears on the spare children's beds. My parents were also extremely happy with the Inn, and are already planning to return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We traveled out to the Berkshires for a relaxing getaway. The hotel looked lovely on the website, and in that respect, we were not disappointed. We had rooms in the newer building, and they were clean and very nicely appointed, although the tub did not drain so we had to leave it full, which was a little awkward. The location is great - very convenient to Tanglewood and Lenox center.
We quickly found out why there are no pictures of the "pool" on the website: it was the tiniest we had ever seen, and had we not known better, we would have assumed it was a hot tub. The hammock looked inviting, but it was so old and stretched out that it was unusable.
The biggest surprise was the tense atmosphere that reigned in the common rooms. For example, when I asked if I could take the newspaper from the library/lobby to read it elsewhere (it was 4 pm), you would have thought I had asked for the key to his safe deposit box. By the time he finished deliberating whether or not it would be okay, I had lost all desire to read it. Chill out folks - it's just a newspaper. Same deal when I asked if there were any coffee -- he looked at me like I had two heads.
At breakfast, we almost wandered into the "forbidden zone" (an adjoining room through an open door with a set table that looked like part of the dining area), and once again, the proprietor overreacted and made us feel uncomfortable. The fruit, juice, coffee cake and such was fine, but at these rates, I would have expected some hot component to breakfast. It was not substantial enough to carry me through to lunch.
All in all, it wasn't a terrible experience, but I would have hoped to have had a more relaxing time at a country B&B. The Berkshires represent a more laid-back approach and a way to escape life's usual stress and tension. Sadly, that wasn't our experience at the Brook Farm Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Beantown_Mum
innkeeper18, Owner at Brook Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2011

Extending hospitality is what we’re here for, and our property is a quiet oasis of calm surrounded by gardens. If we failed to gauge this reviewer’s needs and temperament, it is cause for regret, since we pride ourselves on friendliness and service. Our long list of repeat visitors will testify to our guests’ enjoyment of the ambiance at our Inn.

If there was a question about the tub drain, and the guest missed the Jacuzzi tub guidelines that are provided, we are always available by intercom to answer questions. Our pool, which is indeed pictured on our website, is admittedly not large, nor do we make claims that it is. Nevertheless, we promise that it is immaculate, set in a picturesque flower garden, and very refreshing.

As for breakfast, this guest apparently stayed for only one night, and happened to experience our ample breakfast buffet on the one morning per week that we offer a smoked salmon platter as main entrée. This once-a-week departure from the usual hot entrée started a while ago on a very hot summer morning, and we discovered that most guests delighted in it, so we have continued to serve it once a week. It is accompanied by many breakfast choices on a large buffet. Guests are welcome to fill their plates as much as they want, and return to the buffet as many times as they please. No one leaves hungry.

We agree with the reviewer that the Berkshires are indeed a wonderful place for a getaway, and we’ll continue to provide a relaxing haven for our guests.