WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Lenox
Palm Springs, California
“OK but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is an older property (keys are the old-fashioned metal type!) located on a busy highway. My room was small but clean and nicely furnished. By bedtime the traffic had let up; it didn't bother me and I slept well. Bathroom complaints: There was no grab-bar in the shower and the hot water, although OK for showers, was not hot enough for shaving. Breakfast wasn't available until 8 am. It consisted of juice, coffee, cereal, and little muffins. The coffee was only luke-warm and tasted terrible. People behind the desk were friendly. In summary, this Knights Inn was OK but not great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Greg N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have stayed at the knights inn a few times before and will admit you get what you pay for. It's a cheap option for one night. However when we went there on June 1st it will be the last time I ever even look at this hotel let alone stay there. I called the Friday before and asked specifically for a king size no smoking bed. He told me 50 dollars and then I booked it. The man did NOT speak any English and it made it very difficult to speak with him. When we arrived Saturday the same man was checking us in. They charged my 60 dollars and said that was what they said on the phone. I argued it wasn't and again we couldn't really speak with him. Very hard to understand him. I told him I wasn't staying there for any more than 50 dollars which is what I've always paid. He finally said 55 ok? I agreed because I was hot and aggravated. I again asked just to make sure it was a king size bed. He said yes and told us our room was around back. We went to the back and was totally put off to see our "room" was in the bottom floor of their house!! We get in the little hallway and it stinks of cigarettes. We get into the room which is no bigger than my closets at home and see that the bed in front of us is a double!!! The bathroom wasn't big enough for one person and the shower was disgusting. I lost it at this point and went and demanded my money back. He got very belligerent with me and said he had to go to the room to check to make sure we didn't steal anything!!! I was so mad and and couldn't hold back anymore. I demanded to see the manager and he told me NO!! Some woman who never spoke kept lurking in the back room but never said a word. He finally refunded my money and I vowed to never stay there again. FYI the Howard Johnson next door is owned by the same family and I stay there a lot too. I won't go there either because of the way this man treated us. Never stay at the knights Inn you won't get treated the way you should be and you won't get the true experience of Lenox hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Ejacks4
Kingston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Have stayed here before because it is inexpensive and conveniently located near relatives we visit occasionally. Although we have always stayed in the front building of the complex, sound from the main road did not seem to be a problem at night. No complaints on cleanliness of room, just that it needed a major overhaul. The air conditioner worked fine on a very hot weekend.
As other reviewers have said, there seems to be no management concern about overall guest comfort. We had to ask for toilet paper, the remote control for the old tv didn't work, towels were very thin, bathroom tub surface was all worn, and all the furnishings have really seen better days. Housekeeping must notice these things but my guess is management is unable to
Although the mini blueberry muffins were okay, this location should probably not offer breakfast. Anyone who has had complimentary continental breakfast at almost any chain, knows that it normally runs 7-10am and includes toast, bagels, english muffins and maybe a piece of fruit. Not to mention butter and cream cheese. None of that here. Our main concern, however, was pouring your own orange juice out of a shared pitcher from the refrigerator rather than obtaining it from a normal commercial beverage dispenser. This is a sanitary issue and in this day and age, I should not have to worry about who handled the pitcher before me. If a minimal breakfast spread is a budget buster for this property, they should not offer it. We have stayed at other Knight's Inns and they were much better.
You do get what you pay for and in this part of the Berkshires, the prices can be very high, especially if something is going on at Tanglewood. We only stayed 2 nights - in the room from 11 pm until 9 am, so at an inexpensive price ($55/nite) it met our minimal needs for this type trip. Would not stay here for a vacation trip...not worth the many small, but nevertheless irritating aggravations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank diningduo49
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is not a welcoming atmosphere. The facilities were not really clean and had that musty smell.
We also ran our of toilet paper and there was no extra roll.. The room had the I am about to fall about feeling. I think you can do better. Breakfast was limited and not appetizing

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 21504
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The room was fairly clean, but worn. The TV was an old square tube. The doorknobs rattle in the door. The bathroom was not clean, not my hair in the tub. The night guy's English is not great, it took a couple of tries to get a key to work. Breakfast begins @ 8??? No coffee in the room, no breakfast, the $5 I spent at Dunkin' Doughnuts I will spend on somewhere else to stay next time I'm in Lenox. Lots of other choices...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Marka11111
Pittsfield, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very clean, comfortable beds. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. You are near a major highway so there is some traffic noise but not so that it interferes with sleep. Centrally located to many stores and restaurants. Very good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank WYAPTC
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

The idiot running the motel at the time , didnt have a clue how to look up reservations that were made two weeks in advance......The manager was not there once and the staff would not give out his number,.....We were made to pay TWICE because they OVER BOOKED ! He never returned out money to us.....Room 116 had snow coming in.....the shower handle was broke when we informed staff, he did come in a put it back on...The same knob...there was a used bar of soap upon check in...cob webs , sink plunger was covered with mold! NO coffee in the am , ice machine was unplugged, soda machine didnt work ..downgraded us when he couldnt find priceline.com reservations, smaller room , it was supposed to be pet friendly but the staff kept telling us that the dog barks! duh hes a dog , of course they bark...once during the night was not excessive....!! cmon people get a clue how to run a business!! Very unsatisfied "former customer"...I wouldnt recommend this motel to anyone!!!

Room Tip: If you stay there during the winter months , DONT STAY IN ROOM 116 , The snow comes right in the doo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nancy F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Yankee Inn
Wagon Wheel Motel
#11 of 14 in Lenox
BEST WESTERN PLUS Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Knights Inn Lenox? Share your experiences!