“Disappointed”

Prime Italian Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #12 of 58 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We have Italian cuisine, steaks, seafood, vegetarian, and children menu. We have outdoor dinning in the summer months.
Boston
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Went on Saturday night and sat outside which was great. Had a 6 o'clock reservation but they had already run out of several items on the menu. We both ordered the italian haddock dish over pasta and were told that we got the last two orders. When the food arrived it looked like they had split the last order for the two of us- a tiny piece of fish on top of a huge mound of pasta. It was OK but certainly nothing special. Otherwise it was a nice evening and the server was very pleasant and attentive.

Wrentham, MA
“Delicious Italian food and great al fresco dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I were walking around Lenox Center looking for a place for dinner recently, and we came across Prime Italian Steakhouse. The aroma of Italian food, the white lights on the outdoor terrace, and the sound of Italian music drew us in. We had a great meal there. My husband had the Chicken Parm, and I had the Chicken Florentine, which had a light lemony sauce. I loved that my side of pasta was dressed with that same lemon-butter sauce rather than the standard red sauce. The wait staff was helpful and attentive. We highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely go back on our next trip to Lenox.

Dalton, Massachusetts
“Excellent Meal - Favorite Italian Restaurant in the Berkshires”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is a family-owned restaurant that plays attention to detail. I had the House salad, seared scallops with polenta, Italian green beans and sauteed mushrooms. The server worked with me on my nutritional needs which led to a very enjoyable and compliant meal. The service was excellent by following up to make sure that my water was filled and to see if I needed anything else. I especially liked the special $25.00 offerings - about four entrees to choose from. I live in the Berkshires and couldn't wait for them to open during the week. You will not be disappointed.

Coral Springs, Florida
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

What a disappointment Prime was. My son chose Prime for his birthday and we were looking forward to an enjoyable evening. Instead we were served 4 mediocre mails and one awful one. Nothing tasted freshly prepared and my meal, the chicken gondola was gross. The chicken had a texture I've never experienced. It wasn't overlooked but the texture was so unlike chicken I thought it was something else. I asked others at the table to try it and whoever did took one bite and spit it out. When I complained, the waitress said she would have the owner come over. The waitress did offer to get me something else but the owner never came over. I asked the waitress to just get me a meatball to add to my pasta. She took my pasta away and brought it back with a meatball which was room temperature on the outside and cold on the inside. There are far better choices in Lenox than Prime. Alta is just around the corner and superb. Elizabeth's in Pittsfield is also wonderful. Don't waste your time and money at Prime

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Michisw
Connecticut
“Good Meal, Pleasant Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a charming, comfortable restaurant in the middle of Lenox, a great small town to just walk around. The food was very good and they had a prix fixe meal priced at $25.00. Since both of us chose that option a bottle of wine was only $10.00. A place I would definitely recommend.

• Visited May 2013