“Wonderful dining experience!!”

Ranked #15 of 59 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have Italian cuisine, steaks, seafood, vegetarian, and children menu. We have outdoor dinning in the summer months.
Conway, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful dining experience!!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We ate here this past summer when we went to see Diana Krall at Tanglewood, and I promised my husband I would write a review. After having a terrible experience at another highly recommended restaurant, we tried Prime and was not disappointed. We started with a martini at the bar (the bartender was very friendly!!) She got us a table when we were ready to have dinner without any problem. We got there when they opened and it was packed when we left. Prime's owners are very gracious hosts. We loved their food. Yes, our waiter was a little chatty, but so was I and his recommendations of wine were spot on! The filet mignon was superb! The homemade gnocchi was my first time having gnocchi and the the sauce was to die for. After having a really bad experience at a restaurant highly recommended by our b&b, Prime was a wonderful surprise! So, to the owners that we chatted with outside after dinner, this review is late.... the food and dining experience was wonderful! We will definitely be back our next weekend away to your area.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank dribln

“Good steakhouse, So-so Italian”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went for our anniversary dinner. Nice little restaurant. Seems typical of the restof the food places in Lenox (a bit pretentious, over-priced, with average food). I'll never understand why there are so few places for great food in Lenox.
That said, the steak and wine were great. My steak was almost perfect and the veggies were good. The salads, awesome. My wife's chicken park though was a bit rubbery. Edible, but a bit rubbery. The pasta with it was fantastic, but for a place that bills itself as Italian, one would think they'd be able to ace chicken parm. You would be wrong.
Plenty to choose from on the menu, though. If we do go back, we just won't get the chicken.

Lansing, Michigan
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

In Lenox and Berkshire area to celebrate a friend's birthday. After going to Stockbridge we headed back to Lenox to find a restaurant that had seafood. Lo and behold the place we decided to dine was an Italian restaurant with great seafood! We had a nice conversation with the owner as we had an appetizer and a glass of wine. Then our dinners arrived and they were heat hot! We both liked that as so many times restaurants nuke the food and serve it to you warm but not hot. I had the Chicken Francese and it was super. A taste of lemon made it nice but didn't overpower the pasta or chicken. We arrived right at 5:00 when they opened and so it was almost like having a private dining experience. Great background music too when we were dining.

Lenox, Massachusetts
“Couldn't get past ordering this visit”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Past visits yielded tasty steak, hideous fish and not so great service.
It has been a year, decided to try again. Should have been a tip off when they easily had room over a holiday weekend while Lenox was teaming with visitors.
The owner is pleasant and friendly. She explained that the server was busy with a large party and offered a beverage, a nice thought but it didn't show up until the server did, after a fifteen minute wait. This was particularly vexing as during the fifteen minutes, another party was seated next to me, had a different server, had ordered and received drinks and bread while I waited,
When the server finally arrived, she seemed unprepared in every way. First she showed annoyance that I wanted to order as opposed to just accept the beverage. Next when I asked which - medium or medium rare - would yield a steak with a warm pink center, she seemed perplexed. After, I kid you not, a five minute ramble that was incomprehensible, she suggested "just start with rare, we can keep sending it back until you are happy."
This brought back terrible recollections of my last visit to Primr, where a fish special arrived raw, then after I sent it back, arrived tough and dry like jerky. Although they apologized and provided a tasty steak, I don't enjoy all the back and forth or the wasted time.
So we departed rather than compounding our mistake of having given Primr another try.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank SEWscout
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing food, not the friendliest place in town”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The food here is very flavorful. Lots of tastes going on. Service was good. Our waitress was nice. But the guy who sat us, not the friendliest guy in the world. Kind of a dolt.

• Visited August 2012