“Very good experience!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2007

Had drinks before dinner at the very comfortable bar. Was a relatively slow Saturday night in May. Decent service. Started with excellent ginger calamari and grilled caesar salad. Reasonably priced wine list. Entrees of duck (excellent) and pork (a little dry--would have been improved with an interesting sauce). Split a brownie sundae--light and delicious.
Definitely would return!

Reviewed August 20, 2006

The wine list was good - try the Screw Nappa Kappa (really not kidding) but DH's duck was overcooked. My halibut in chile sauce was good, nothing memorable. Service was fine but they forgot my french fries. But judging from the horror stories on this site, we got off really easily. I had one fantastic cosmopolitan and one horrible one. I was disappointed in the menu,
which our guide book stated that the was Asian fusian. But it was mostly steak, seafood, hamburger nothing very interesting. So we had an average meal, and wish we had checked this site first and had a great meal elsewhere.

2  Thank leafpeeper98
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed February 25, 2006

First, our waitress was clueless: there is a Wine Spectator citation at the hostess stand, yet our waitress knew nothing about any of the wines offered, and she also could not answer even the most basic questions about items on the menu. Next, the food took FOREVER to emerge from the kitchen (45 minutes for appetizers and then almost an hour after that for entrees???) and when it did arrive it was the wrong temperature and not especially good. Finally, the "manager" was completely oblivious to what was going on and was rather unpleasant when we, very politely, told her. There are too many other, really good, restaurants in the area; don't waste your time here.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 5, 2005

We had dinner at Firefly and were hoping for a great meal. The restaurant's decor is lovely with outdoor and indoor seating. However, the food is not on par with the decor. A couple of us ordered hamburgers that had a horrible smell. When we asked the waitress what it could be, the chef said that they use "cryovac" beef and when cooked it has an unusual smell. They didn't charge us for the food, but we expected more (i.e., fresh meat) from a restaurant like Firefly.

3  Thank kippergirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Wayland, MA
Reviewed July 19, 2005

I cannot say if the food was any good, because I never got most of my order. The waitress was an epic space case, got orders wrong or missed them altogether. I cancelled my appetizer when it still hadn't come after I finished my salad, (even though I asked the waitress to bring them together) and when it came 15 minutes later, she seemed surprised that I did not want it.
The restaurant appeared understaffed, and it looked like amateur night. When inquiries were politely made to the manager as to the whereabouts of dinner, she angrily told us she had been there a week, and implied we were to blame. It bordered on comical it was so absurd. She needs a job with less stress.
This was altogether a frightful experience, and I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member