“Did not like this restaurant at all!”

Trattoria Il Vesuvio
Ranked #21 of 62 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Went here for an anniversary dinner. Unfortunately, we chose this place. Short story, we were greeted and seated by a 12-15 year old girl wearing braces. Possibly the owner's daughter? I just don't want this to be my hostess when I'm paying good money for a fine dinner. She seated us against a wall and right next to a table of 8. We were the only 2 tables in the place and our intimate dinner was nothing more than listening to the table of 8 next to us. We had a top notch waiter though. The food portions were small and what I got seemed like something they microwaved, that I could have gotten at home! Should have known when there were no cars outside at the height of tourist season in the Berkshires! Please, choose wisely before you go here!

1  Thank SugarMuff

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We started with the worst caprese imaginable. 3 hot house tomatoes, below average olive one and one basil leaf over all three...Then we moved to a veal dish that was cooked in rancid oil. We took one bite and sent it back, the taste stayed in our mouth the whole night. When we sent back the food, nothing was offered in return. Of course, we weren't charged, but a classy place would have given a drink or desert, since we went away hungry and didn't have time to go somewhere else before our show, and ate an ice cream at an outdoor stand at Tanglewood. Gil

1  Thank ggnice
Reviewed June 4, 2012

During chat with lovely front desk lady at Days Inn hotel we heard about this restaurant and gave it a shot. Best Italian food we had this year. Thanks to Days Inn front desk!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Ate here on a Friday night around 5 o'clock. Made a reservation but none was needed. Glanced at the reservation book and it was sparse... just 5 reservations on a Friday night. The restaurant is bright and welcoming. The servers were friendly and accommodating... giving us our choice of tables. Bread was served... and reminded me of any generic loaf you can get at your local super market. Prices for the main entrees are a bit steep so we went for the pasta dishes to play it safe, considering it was our 1st time here. My wife got the Penne in Marinara and I ordered the Linguine Alfredo. Both were average. The pasta portions were huge! You could easily split 1 pasta dish between two people. We ordered the Calamari as an appetizer and it was good . Ordered a side of the Polenta ... it was O.K. my preference being for a more set, thicker Polenta. For desert we ordered the Tirimisu ... nothing special.. just O.K. The bill came to $64 with a glass of wine. Not bad. And the $40 Groupon we had made it even better. The main dinners offered here sounded delicious but, based on our 1st impression of the place, we will probably never know. Worth a visit to decide for yourself.

2  Thank sdemo66
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I had always wanted to try this restaurant and finally went for a special night out.
We found the portions to be small,the dishes nothing special, certainitly not high end authentic italian.The service was poor and overall if I was going to recommend fine italian dining in the Berkshires it would not be here, both Trattoria Rustica in Pittsfield and the Gateways in Lenox are better choices.

1  Thank travelingERnurses