“Worth A Visit”

Dining options: Reservations
M.A.
“Worth A Visit”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Ate here on a Friday night around 5 o'clock. Made a reservation but none was needed. Glanced at the reservation book and it was sparse... just 5 reservations on a Friday night. The restaurant is bright and welcoming. The servers were friendly and accommodating... giving us our choice of tables. Bread was served... and reminded me of any generic loaf you can get at your local super market. Prices for the main entrees are a bit steep so we went for the pasta dishes to play it safe, considering it was our 1st time here. My wife got the Penne in Marinara and I ordered the Linguine Alfredo. Both were average. The pasta portions were huge! You could easily split 1 pasta dish between two people. We ordered the Calamari as an appetizer and it was good . Ordered a side of the Polenta ... it was O.K. my preference being for a more set, thicker Polenta. For desert we ordered the Tirimisu ... nothing special.. just O.K. The bill came to $64 with a glass of wine. Not bad. And the $40 Groupon we had made it even better. The main dinners offered here sounded delicious but, based on our 1st impression of the place, we will probably never know. Worth a visit to decide for yourself.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank sdemo66

massachusetts
“Save your money”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I had always wanted to try this restaurant and finally went for a special night out.
We found the portions to be small,the dishes nothing special, certainitly not high end authentic italian.The service was poor and overall if I was going to recommend fine italian dining in the Berkshires it would not be here, both Trattoria Rustica in Pittsfield and the Gateways in Lenox are better choices.

1 Thank travelingERnurses
Westwood, MA
“A nice place but way too expensive for us!”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Went for a nice dinner. Checked the reviews, menu and prices online but still came away feeling we paid way too much. That's the reason for the two dot rating.
Food was very good, portions OK and service very pleasant. Ambiance is very nice it's clean and well layed out. Location and parking easy. It's probably us, but to pay a "C" note for wine, dinner, a shared dessert and tip, no matter how good, seems over the top in today's economy.

2 Thank InfrequentTraveler10
Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

On a recent trip to the Berkshires, I decided to treat myself to a nice dinner, and chose Trattoria Il Versuvio based on the recommendation of the staff at the Hampton Inn and Suites down the road. I had the ravioli, which was delicious; the wait staff was very attentive to my needs; all-in-all an authentic Italian fare and flare. A nice place for people earting alone, like myself, aswell as for larger groups and couples; upscale, but won't break the bank.

Delmont, Pennsylvania
“Relaxation and Good Food”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We were tired from a long drive and some sightseeing and were looking forward to a good meal with quiet ambiance. The minute we walked in we were welcomed by our waiter who set the tone for the rest of the evening. We asked him to recommend a wine and it was perfect. The pasta fra diablo and the spicy shrimp pasta were excellent and the desserts were a wonderful surprise. The prices were good and we were able to take the remainder of our wine with us based on a recently passed law in the state. This was exactly what we needed - time to decompress with a nice bottle of wine and an excellent meal with a friendly and knowledgeable waiter.

• Visited September 2011