“Food 1, patron 0. ”

Ranked #15 of 62 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wheatleigh's Dining Room awarded Forbes 5 Star and AAA 5 Diamond is one of the best restaurants on the East Coast. The Cuisine of Jeffrey Thompson is focusing on the freshness of ingredients and their natural flavors. An amazing wine list with over 850 references will complement your dinner. To focus on an amazing meal all our prices are inclusive of service. Taxes will apply.
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

After a meal prepared with the greatest attention to detail and replete with a full bounty of culinary pleasures, our food experience at The Wheatleigh was completely compromised by a total mishandling by the manager of a question concerning the bill by one of the members of our party. Even though I was not directly involved in the conversation, it's effect on my dining companion left a bitter taste in my mouth. We left shaking our heads about a place that should have provided us with memories to carry forward but instead caused us to regret our visit. Decent kitchen. Really bad attitude. Enjoy, but beware!

6  Thank Ddfocus

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We celebrated an important family birthday and elected to have the 7 course meal. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff treated us like royalty. The champagne was perfect and the cheese course was to die for. We're already planning our next visit.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

It is laughable that other Lenox restaurants are compared to the Wheatleigh. It is not even close. This is a five star, totally upscale dining experience. The other places mentioned are typical small town, overpriced eateries. If you can afford the Wheatleigh, GO, you won't regret it.

1  Thank fmptak
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Go out of your way to dine here. The view is of the William Olmstead Law garden, the villa has been magnificently renovated, the staff is impeccable and the food can only be compared to the finest in the greatest cities. If you're visiting The Berkshires this is the place.

1  Thank Islandhome3
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We ate at the Blantryre on our last visit, and it was an amazing experience. When I read the reviews on this place, I figured we'd try it out, what a disappointment. We had lunch here, in the library. We were one of two couples there, and I can understand why, what I can't understand is how they get such good reviews. The menu (different than what is posted on their website?) was very limited, not much interested me, so I ordered the fish and chips, but when I asked the waiter for cocktail sauce rather than their gourmet tarter sauce he looked at me like I was from the moon. He came back five minutes later and announced that "the chef doesn't have the proper ingredients to make the cocktail sauce"….horseradish and ketchup?
The fish sticks made the frozen stuff I had as a kid seem like gourmet food, they were just sticks of fish with a dull breading, and dry and overcooked. The chips or fries were OK. But what a dull meal. My husband had the beef, which was rare, and there was no question as to how he wanted it cooked. Two very small pieces of meat with a few nondescript sides.
We knew it was expensive, and weren't surprised at small plates, but this was ridiculous, we were both hungry when we left, me because my meal was so poor I picked at it, his was a good appetizer. I really do hate leaving bad reviews, I know these places are struggling to keep afloat, but they really do have to get their act together.

7  Thank jeannette e