“Casually Chic”

Table Six Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A fine restaurant in the Berkshires is not hard to come by. But in searching for a venue that combines superb food, historical ambiance, exemplary service, and modern designer class you will invariably arrive at the county’s newest offering, here in center of Lenox. Drawing inspiration from legendary restaurants in renowned hotels, you will enjoy our newly restored dining room that evokes memories of a grand parlor, right inside the Gilded Age mansion that is the Kemble Inn. Linger over cocktails on the covered veranda, where the sprawling view is yours to enjoy. Share a romantic dinner or entertain colleagues at the center table, which happens to be the restaurant’s namesake. Savor the pleasures of dining on world-class locally-inspired dishes. Begin your own tradition.
Reviewed September 2, 2016

a mundane Wednesday turned into a wonderful dinner on the terrace. The Pinot Noir was superb and the filet was extremely tender. The service was very attentive.

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

On an Escape for a Day, a friend and I chose Table Six for lunch based on my previous visits. I adore the decor of the Kemble Inn in which the restaurant is located and the friendliness of the staff. This visit was just as wonderful. We had our pick of tables and chose a high top outside to take in the views of the Berkshires.

Our server was charming and attentive. Our meals were unrushed at our request and served by the chef who pointed out that the tomatoes were just picked from their kitchen garden. Indeed, everything was made with the freshest ingredients. Enjoying the beautiful day, we decided to extend it by sharing a dessert...fresh peaches and strawberries in a puff pastry. I'm glad we did. It was amazing!

I've read some reviews that were disappointed in skill and speed of service. Contrary to those negatives, we relished in watching foreign students learning the hospitality business. We engaged them in conversation and learned a lot...their goals, their experiences, their differences. They were just delightful and didn't mind a mistake or two. There were no students working for this visit but there was a newly employed server from Russia, Sasha, who we enjoyed immensely.

Several of the staff interacted with us to make us feel very special. Your restaurant is saved in My Favorites because you are...one of my favorites!

1  Thank denisemaurer
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Dining room is small and elegant. Food was outstanding. Service was first class. Recommend the the leek and potato bisque and the Faroe island salmon. This was a top notch place to eat in Lenox.

1  Thank CGNY26
Reviewed August 30, 2016

I had my daughter's bridal shower at Table Six in mid August. We were disappointed on many levels. Hair in food, slow service or none at all, incorrect billing and a broken bridal gift. After providing feedback to the owner, Scott Short, most of his responses were incredibly defensive. Blame was placed on staffing difficulties, and then we were blamed because someone in our table of 20 moved seats. Can you imagine that one person moving for pre-ordered brunches caused a long wait between servicing tables and a chaotic mess in the kitchen and dining room! Also for the prices charged - food is nothing special. My daughter said it best - the owner needs to get a grip!

If the restaurant's food and service continues as is - it won't be around for long!

4  Thank flynnlj
Reviewed August 28, 2016

This review is for the restaurant only. I did not stay here. Had a very nice meal and we ate out on the porch, with gorgeous views of the Berskshires. Service was outstanding and very attentive. Great homemade breads including a cherry/walnut bread that was wonderful. I like that they put effort into a vegetarian entree, the seared polenta with grilled vegetables. It was very tasty and super hot. I like it when one is served hot good right off the stove. Coffee was good, excellent experience overall. Would love to stay here.