“Not so cozy”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The food and service was just ok. In particular, the service was a bit off. The atmosphere was generally good but loud. It's likely a better bet during the summer season.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

There are a few truly excellent restaurants in Lenox and Zinc is one of them. The atmosphere is upscale chic, the prices fair to moderate , their main selections are all good to great and their soups are the very best. There is a seperate bar room with sopme cocktail tables and a seperate entrance. Convienent free Parking . A definite place to try.

1  Thank peter g
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had a really lovely Sunday afternoon lunch at Zinc! We were greeted promptly and as lovely as the dinning room looked, we decided to eat at the bar. The bar space is set off from the main dinning room and there are sweet bistro tables set in there if you want a more casual environment. (I am a sucker for details, and I really loved the flower arrangement at the entrance as well as in the bathroom.)

Our bartender took such good care of us. She seemed to know exactly when we needed her and when we wanted to be left alone... that perfect combination! I also loved that they had all of the Sunday newspapers for us (including the NYTimes... thank you! Great touch...)

I had a bloody mary, which was divine! It is an in-house secret recipe and they should really bottle and sell that stuff.

For lunch we split the burger and fries and a turkey BLT special. We had fries with the burger and a mixed green salad with the BLT. The burger was insane. (I am not even a burger kind of girl, but the meat was tender and rich and succulent... the cheese and the cherry wood smoked bacon ... insanely delicious. And, the fries were thin, hand-cut, clearly house made... sea salt maybe? seasonings? All I know is they were crisp and perfect.) I LOVED the special BLT. I wouldn't have ordered it, but our server commented that it was a fan favorite because of the juicy turkey meat (maybe they brine it?? so, so good...) sliced from the breast in these big, thick pieces. Also on the BLT: bacon, lettuces, tomatoes, avocado (such a good touch!)... all great. I also really loved the side salad... fresh mixed greens, lightly dressed in this special balsamic vinaigrette. Sigh... so good!

This was a really special place. The vibe is welcoming and warm. The food is clearly high quality and prepared expertly, and the service is top notch. I am very excited to return for the dinner menu... coq au vin (which I read about in Bon Appetit); mussels and frites; salmon with celery root pure; the charcuterie; the wine list... ok enough... but, I am going back soon for more and recommend that you check it out, too.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Enjoyed the evening, cocktails were good, the service was excellent and the food (both the Bouillabaise on the table d'hôte and the salmon) were well cooked and very tasty. The roasted beet and chêvre salad appetizer was amazing. The manager suggested a reasonably price wine from Spain that was absolutely delicious.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Delicious food- cozy yet chic environment- friendly wait staff- creative menu- loved it!!!! awesome zinc burger and homemade fries! The potato leek soup and the goat cheese salad were terrific! Don't miss the apple tart!! Such delicious comfort food! I cant wait to return!