“Lunch Was Just as Good as Breakfast”
Review of Kitchen on the Commons - CLOSED

Kitchen on the Commons
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I had only been here for breakfast a few times and had really enjoyed it. Recently I decided to try their lunch menu. Really enjoyed it too.

Their menu is not huge, but the offerings are nice. They seem to have something for everyone including salads, soups, and sandwiches. Some offerings are pretty standard fare like the turkey club sandwich or the reuben. You see these on lots of menus, but you usually don't see an acorn squash and goat cheese sandwich that was so good they ran out of it by 12n or crinkle chips that are handmade that were more than very, very good and no one left any on their plate.

They have daily menu specials like the creamy vegetable soup, but the "usual" soup on their menu is a matzo ball soup. How many places have that every day?

The atmosphere is quite casual and comfortable. You can sit where you like and the menus are on the table already. Service could have been a little faster, but I guess I should give them a break because there were six of us in our party. I have also been here for breakfast though and I would say the service was also relaxed at that time as well. So, my advice, let your server know if you are in a rush. Other wise, just sit and relax and enjoy a leisurely meal. That can be quite nice if you have the time.

I ordered one of their salad. Forgot the name, but it had mixed greens, sunflower seeds, shredded carrots, and lemon vinaigrette. I choose to add grilled chicken to mine, but you could also add grilled shrimp. This salad was light and fresh and just the right portion for me. Others in my party tried a variety of sandwiches and one also tried the soup of the moment, as they call it. Everyone gave their meals a thumbs up and they had big kudos for the homemade chips. Have to try those next time. I also had a fresh brewed ice tea. Very refreshing.

Our bill came to just over 60 bucks. Okay, stop right there and think about that one. 60 bucks for 6 people to eat lunch in Lenox. Hmmm...where are you going to find that, especially for the quality of the food? I'll try to post some photos so you can see for yourself how great all the food looked. You'll have to check it out for yourself to see how great it all tasted.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Came for breakfast, the restaurant is very clean and nicely decorated. Nice sized blue coffee cups on the tables. Decent menu with enough choices for everyone to find something they wanted.

Coffee was good, and refilled often. The breakfast sandwich was ok. Bacon was not as flavorful as I would have liked, and only one egg, I would have preferred two.

Belgian waffle was not as light as I would have liked, and too buttery.

All and all it was ok... Not sure if I will go back...

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have had breakfasts here many times and it is always good. They are served with a homemade biscuit vs. toast. I have ordered eggs over easy and they have been, but I don't know what they cook them in that makes them brown. They do not look appealing, but taste okay. They would be better if cooked in something else or had a dedicated grill area or in a pan with butter that has not browned.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Nice eclectic menu, very friendly people, and a truly relaxed vibe. Lots of locals eating here. And it is right next door to a wonderful chocolate shop for dessert.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Been to the Kitchen on the Commons three times in the last two months for breakfast. Went with coworkers all three times. The prices are reasonable and they have great specials that are only 3.99! Unheard of for a sit down restaurant, especially in this resort area.

Wait staff are friendly and attentive. Your coffee cup will never run dry. So far I have tried the bagel and smoked salmon, the huevos rancheros, and the eggs benedict. Loved the bagel, huevos were tasty, and the benedict was unique. I've never had grilled corned beef on my eggs benedict. It was quite good. One of my coworkers tried the steak and eggs which was a nice big breakfast for those with a hearty appetite. The biscuits that they serve on the plates taste homemade and are very tender and moist. Next time I think I will try the duck hash.

Lots of seating with a bright and airy atmosphere. Very casual.