“Gilded Age luncheon”

Ranked #23 of 59 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dining is a very special event at Blantyre, Relais & Châteaux. Late every afternoon, the Main House undergoes a lovely transformation as we prepare for the delightful dining experience to come that evening. Linens are brought out, tables are set with sterling silver, fine china, crystal, and fresh flowers. Beautiful music fills the air and candles are lit. Under the knowing eye of Chef Arnaud Cotar, the kitchen is a hive of activity as the finest ingredients are used to create a memorable, outstanding dining experience. When you arrive, you can enjoy a pre-dinner glass of Champagne and canapés on the Covered Terrace or in the Main Hall, or sample one of our rich red wines in the Music Room. When your first course is ready our host will escort you to the dining room where your delicious dinner begins. Enjoy a glass of wine from our Wine Cellar, the recipient of the 2011 Grand Award Wine Spectator. Should your evening plans include a Friday or Saturday performance at Tanglewood or Jacob's Pillow, you may wish to postpone dessert. Upon your return, coffee, an assortment of cheeses and a beautifully prepared dessert buffet is served in the Music Room. In keeping with our house tradition, we require gentlemen to wear a jacket and tie. We also offer 24-hour room service.
New York City, New York
“Gilded Age luncheon”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This prix fixe luncheon is worth the cost, for an elegant, yet not stuffy lunch, in a beautiful sundrenchedl dining room, decorated with orchids, potted greenery, and delicate French china and crystal. Lunch is mor affordable than dinner, cocktails on the sun deck. Service and cuisine are terrifiic. Don't miss checking out the museum-quality home furnishings in the front parlor and lounge. Tiffany lamps, antique chests, tables, paintings. This is an experience not to miss!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Terrifern

Manchester, New Hampshire
“fantastic!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have been dining here for two or more decades. While I cannot afford to stay there, I do feel that the dining experience is well worth the money. First, they welcome you into a room with comfortable sofas for drinks and elegant appetizers. Live music often accompanies us. Then we were escorted to our table. The pink linen tablecloths and totally amazing flower displays on each table are just an omen of things to come. For some reason we have been fortunate enough to have a private dining room for our party of four on several occasions. The waitstaff could not be more pleasant and professional. They knew that we had Tanglewood tickets at 8:30pm, so our service was prompt but not at all hurried. The food is extraordinary! If it sounds good, order it! If it doesn't, I bet you'd enjoy it anyway. If you have time, it's well worth coming early for drinks and photographs outside on a nice evening. Warning: men must wear a jacket and tie. Don't worry, though, if you don't have that--- they will gladly provide.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank steve s
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Outstanding food and wine in a great setting.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The food, extensive wine list, ambience and service are first class. The hotel itself and its surrounding grounds are worth the experience. I recommend having a glass of wine on the terrace where you can review the dinner menu prior to dining.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank cosmo144
New York City, New York
“Relais & Chateaux”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The R&C chain is one of my favorite chains and I conside Blantyre the best of the 6 that I've gone to.The restaurant has been my favorite in Lenox for the past 5 years and as of three years ago their presentation of Scallops has been my favorite prepartion any where in the world. Much to my chagrin it is no longer on the menu. Nonetheless on my recent visit I had a superb Halibut and the vegetables were excellent as well as very good desserts.
As usual I start my meal at Blantyre with drinks on the outdoor patio where I can enjoy the beautiful country setting and enjoy the unique canapes they provide and the bowl of fresh and tasty warm nuts. Their service is very solicitous without being intrusive. Their wines are very good quality and reasonably priced. My favorite is a Trimbach of Pinot Gris and their red recommendations always meld well with whatever entree we have. desserts should not be missed either. Enjoy.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank a1000clowns
Boston, Massachusetts
“great restaurant even if you are staying elsewhere.”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Although we were staying at the blantyre, we saw no reason to go anywhere else. The food was excellent, the presentation was beautiful and the sommelier was truly gifted. They serve your canapés and drinks before your dinner in another room in the mansion. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Visited January 2012