“Excellent first visit!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Delicious tapas, exceptional beer selection, warm atmosphere, great staff! Everything friends have talked about. We'll be back.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I dined here during our trip to Lenox and were very disappointed. We love tapas restaurants because of the variety it offers. I am vegetarian and my husband is not. The waiter boasted having many vegetarian options, but al most all included cheese or dairy and therefore were not an option for me. Overall, not one of our best tapas experiences.

2  Thank bearscully
Whitney A, Owner at Brava, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

I am very sorry to hear you were very disappointed with your recent visit to Brava. Brava strives to be a wine bar in the European tradition, serving tapas-style food, hand-made pizzas, and cheese & charcuterie plates. We offer approximately 65 wines by the glass, approximately 50 beers are available, and we have a selection of spirits, cordials and liqueurs.

Our menu typically includes approximately 50 dishes including hot and cold tapas, bruschetta, salads, pizzas, cheese & charcuterie plates, and desserts. While we do not specialize in vegetarian, vegan or allergy-sensitive cuisine, we do try to provide a range of food that goes with our beer and wine. Our full menu is too long to post online, and it does change according to seasonal availability, or just because we get bored of making the same soup or risotto every day.

This weekend we have a new dish of P.E.I. mussels steamed with garlic and parsley, and we just started serving a chocolate brownie and stout cream parfait for dessert. This week, 28 items on our menu are vegetarian (but may contain dairy) including a wild mushroom risotto, arugula salad with apricots, nuts and manchego cheese, and our three most popular hand made pizzas. Additionally, this week 7 items on the menu are vegan (and do not contain dairy) including tomato and basil soup, marcona almonds, marinated olives, kale salad with apples and walnuts, a new salad of roasted cauliflower, spicy carrots, olives and bread crumbs, and our signature hummus and olive tapenade bruschetta. However, all of our tapas, salads and pizzas are made to order, and many can be made without meat or dairy ingredients. We can leave the bacon out of our seared brussel sprouts. We can make you a mushroom and thyme pizza without the fontina cheese. If you would like to come back to Brava to try any of these items, please let me know. If you don't like the taste of them, I'll pay for your meal. You can reach us at 413-637-9171. We are open every day from 5pm-1am (kitchen serves until midnight). Thank you.
Whitney

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This cozy little tapas restaurant was just what we were looking for. Huge variety of small plates and a great wine selection. Everything was delicious and the bartender was really great.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great food. Great wine. Great beer. What more could you want? Oh yeah, great atmosphere and lively conversations, too.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews on this site decided to check this place out.very disappointed. Some Hot tapas delivered cold. Some dishes bland. Only positive was a good wine selection. Service was average. Had to wait 10 minutes after finishing a glass of wine to get order in for next.

2  Thank tripswithj
Whitney A, Owner at Brava, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience at Brava. I sincerely apologize for your hot food being delivered cold, and for your having to wait to be offered more wine. I want you to know that I have always taught my staff that hot food needs to be run out promptly, and that we should be offering more drinks almost before customers finish their glass. I have no excuses for our lapses in service. Did your server at Brava do anything about your complaints? If these issues were not properly addresses to your satisfaction, I would humbly beg for the chance to make it up to you.

I would love to take care of you personally on your next visit to Brava, and ensure that you have a wonderful experience. We are open 7 days a week, but I personally am not behind the bar every night. If you could let me know when you plan to return, I will be sure to be there for you. You can reach me here or at bravalenox@gmail.com or by calling the bar at 413 637 9171. My name is Whitney. I am the owner.

Alternatively, I would be happy to refund the cost of your hot tapas and the glass of wine you had to wait for. I can look up your bill if you send to me the date and approximate time of your visit to Brava, the approximate amount of your bill and your method of payment (and if you can remember where you sat that would also help). Please send that information, as well as your full name and address, to bravalenox@gmail.com and I'll mail you a check.

Again, I apologize.