“Wonderful”

Shakespeare & Company
Ranked #4 of 24 things to do in Lenox
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, Shakespeare & Company is one of the largest Shakespeare Festivals in the country, founded in 1978 by Tina Packer. The organization attracts more than 60,000 patrons annually, with a core of over 150 artists and more than 30 full-time staff. The Company develops and performs Shakespeare, classics, contemporary, and new plays of social and political significance, generating opportunities for collaboration between actors, directors and designers of all races, nationalities and backgrounds. Shakespeare & Company embraces the core values of Shakespeare's work: collaboration, commitment to language, visceral experience and classical ideals, expressed with physical prowess and an embodied contemporary voice. The Company offers one of the most extensive actor training programs by a regional theatre in the country, where professionals from all over the world come to train with the Organization known for its original, in-depth, classical training and performance methods. Shakespeare & Company is also home to an award-winning and nationally recognized theatre-in-education program, one of the largest the Northeast; it reaches more than 45,000 students annually with innovative performances, workshops and residencies.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Impressive offerings, many in number, in this small Berkshire village. Enough to satisfy a New York theater goer. Prices are modest.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We saw the play "Accomplice" which was very good. The whole theater has six rows. I selected the last row which had the aisle in front of me so I had plenty of leg room. Teachers get 20% off the ticket price.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have seen a lot of theater in my time. I live in NYC, and travel to London. I must say that I have never seen better than here at Shakespeare and Co. The level of acting is as good as anthing I have seen anywhere. Plus, the setting in bucolic Lenox is so lovely.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just saw The Beauty Queen of Leenane at Shakespeare and Company. A stunning play, very well performed in a beautiful intimate space. We hope to come back again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I do not know what they were trying to prove with this show, but they failed in every way. I was terribly dissapointed with this program.