“New experience.”

RI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“New experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have never been to Kripalu before, and I was very worried that I was not "earthy, crunchy" enough to be comfortable in this setting. Everyone I met, staff and guests were all very warm and friendly and the workshop I attended was excellent. The presenter was knowledgable, intelligent and presented a wealth of information in a well organized manner that made a tremendous impact on me. It was amazing to be surrounded by so many people, yet it was quiet. It was a wonderful time to disconnect from the constant technology and fast pace of day to day life.
I'm new to Yoga, but even as a neophyte I feel I gained much from just a few days of mindfulness, stillness and quiet. The food was delicious, and I enjoyed the fish and chicken and was grateful for those options. I enjoyed silent breakfast; a nice way to start the day.
The view and campus is spectacular.
The only negative for me the shared bathroom. I was fortunate that I did not have a roommate, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable.
I had read trip advisor reviews before I went and was worried about the availability of coffee as it is not served in the dining room, thankfully the cafe is open at 7 AM and delicious coffee is available there.
I would possibly go back again, not sure if I'd opt for the shared room.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Travelgirl012

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Revive your soul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've been visiting Kripalu when I've had moments to spare since I first discovered it 12 years ago. I go back to rebalance, renew, and remember that humanity can be, in fact, essentially good and kind and safe.

I have been practicing yoga for the same amount of time, but one does not need to be a hard-core yogi to reap the benefits of this highly spiritual and nurturing place. There's dancing, informative life-improvement seminars, nutrition and cooking classes, swimming, kayaking, hiking, sauna-ing, and a spa facility with customized and healing massages and facials and the like. There's something for everyone.

As soon as you hit the front lawn sprawling with its unmatchable view of the Berkshires, you know you're in a sanctuary. The interior is similar with many sunny places to sit, read, meditate, and relax. You can do as little or as much as you want, and it is all inclusive; meaning the ridiculously reasonable room rates (which are about the same as a mid-priced or economy hotel, depending on your choice of accomodation) are all-inclusive. All classes and activities on the R&R schedule, and three square, gorgeous, organic meals are included.

You really cannot find anything else like this. They're a triple threat: affordable, the ambience is perfect, and the services offered are top-notch with some of the most talented, well-educated, and generous staff in the world.

I will never stop going to Kripalu as long as it is around, and I hope it is for as long as I am.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Gennarose
River Forest, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wealth of Calm & Knowledge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

What an excellent environment in so many aspects. The area that surrounds Kripalu is gorgeous.
The yoga spaces are peaceful and spacious. The staff is informative and knowledgeable. My bed was extremely comfortable! All areas of the buildings and grounds were well maintained. The food was delicious and clean. And...the gift shop is fabulous! The guest speakers they offer are excellent ~ but it's easy to see why these well respected individuals would say yes to leading a retreat, workshop, etc. at Kripalu ~ I'm very grateful for my experience there.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank MTM50
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Yoga is Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

This place is wonderful! Any level yoga from never ever to highly experienced can enjoy this place. This classes are constant and if you want to relax try out the sauna and whirlpool. If this isn't your idea of relaxation then go to any of the many reading areas or respite spots. Hiking trails abound although I was snow shoeing on them. Dining options were delicious and the sleeping areas fine. Families, couples, groups of friends, everyone fits in!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lulu326
Slingerlands, New York
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 269 helpful votes
“Go once, at least!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

After getting their catalogs for years, and being so attracted to the interesting and offbeat sounding programs, we finally went. I have to say at the outset that we were on a commuter plan, being so close, so we did not stay. Others have talked about the rooms, though. The facilities are very good, but be prepared not to have a lot of "creature comforts"....many people sit on the floor on cushions with backs, rather than chairs, although the latter are plentiful. There are many spaces in which to "veg out", and look at the mountains, lake, etc. Use of electronic devices is discouraged, and strictly prohibited in some areas to promote the restful, slowed down ambiance.

The food was wonderful. Served cafeteria style, however there was one incongruity I could not get over. They serve meat! As I said in my evaluation of the program I am not a rabid devotee of vegetarianism, but serving meat is totally out of line with the principles on which the place and the philosophy is built!

i would definitely go again. it is a place like no other I have ever seen.

Visited April 2014