“Yoga is Delightful”

Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health
Ranked #1 of 6 Spas & Wellness in Lenox
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This place is wonderful! Any level yoga from never ever to highly experienced can enjoy this place. This classes are constant and if you want to relax try out the sauna and whirlpool. If this isn't your idea of relaxation then go to any of the many reading areas or respite spots. Hiking trails abound although I was snow shoeing on them. Dining options were delicious and the sleeping areas fine. Families, couples, groups of friends, everyone fits in!

1  Thank Lulu326
There are newer reviews for Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health

Reviewed April 14, 2014

After getting their catalogs for years, and being so attracted to the interesting and offbeat sounding programs, we finally went. I have to say at the outset that we were on a commuter plan, being so close, so we did not stay. Others have talked about the rooms, though. The facilities are very good, but be prepared not to have a lot of "creature comforts"....many people sit on the floor on cushions with backs, rather than chairs, although the latter are plentiful. There are many spaces in which to "veg out", and look at the mountains, lake, etc. Use of electronic devices is discouraged, and strictly prohibited in some areas to promote the restful, slowed down ambiance.

The food was wonderful. Served cafeteria style, however there was one incongruity I could not get over. They serve meat! As I said in my evaluation of the program I am not a rabid devotee of vegetarianism, but serving meat is totally out of line with the principles on which the place and the philosophy is built!

i would definitely go again. it is a place like no other I have ever seen.

2  Thank Rhapsodyinblue
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Went to the Kripalu Center for an appointment for Positional Therapy. I was skeptical, but it has really helped me. The therapist gave me some exercises to continue and I feel so much better.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Simple rooms to encourage a retreat from the world for revitalization and renewal and self-review activities. Highly recommended for anyone and all ages. Yoga throughout the day. I highly recommend the noon yoga dance. So invigorating. The grounds are beautiful. Walk down to beach beautiful. Walk back from the beach terrible. Should have golf carts to bring people back. I almost couldn't make it back up the hill. Must try the food. All fresh and vegan choices. Everything I tried I liked and was inspired to eat healthier when I returned from my trip. Must try the whirlpool and meditation room. I also had a sacral cranium spa treatment and that was amazing. I will defiantly return several times over.

1  Thank reiki4life
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Step out of your frantic life and reconnect with who you are. This is a special place, with gifted teachers, totally approachable yoga for any level, and pleasant camaraderie that will take you out of your routine. It only takes a few hours to melt into this place... and you will wish it could last forever. I can't wait to go back.

3  Thank rebola