“Fantastic place to take a break”

Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health
Ranked #1 of 6 Spas & Wellness in Lenox
milford, pa
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Fantastic place to take a break”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love Kripalu - it's a wonderful place for some R&R - to restore, renew, and enjoy the good food and good company, along with first class yoga classes. You can do a program but I generally go for the R&R program, which means you can take an unlimited number of classes. The food is very good and the rooms Spartan but immaculately clean and comfortable. I actually recommend the private bath rooms in the main building. I have stayed in them and in the more expensive Annex and I come down squarely on the main building rooms with private bath. You do not have to walk as far to get to meals and classes and the main building rooms are cozier and warmer too. The Annex is nice but you feel isolated. In winter the wind whips around the Annex building and I found that less desirable. Kripalu should definitely be on your calendar, especially if you like nature walks, good vegetarian fare, yoga, and meeting like minded people in a comfortable setting. I highly recommend noon yoga dancing...

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Karen K

Boston, Massachusetts
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Peaceful, nourishing, dependable sanctuary”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Though I can only visit Kripalu once or twice a year, I am grateful every day of my life just to know that it will be there when I return! If you are stressed out, feeling low, on top of your game, or in-between - and are interested in mind-body-spirit work - there is something here for you. If you seek energy and compassion, astonishingly delicious, healthy food, and a beautiful landscape, come here. If you want to meet experts in all sorts of related fields, come here. To meet people seeking knowledge, come here. To have some quiet time with people who respect whatever you may be going through - this is a good place to give yourself as a gift. Accommodations are basic. You won't care...there is too much else to enjoy.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rosebud410
New York City, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Out of this world!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I can't say enough good things about Kripalu. I have been to Kripalu when it was an ashram about 20 years ago. Recently, I came back. The place is very modernized, but the essential principles are still the same. I was supposed to stay originally for 5 days, but I extended my stay 3 times!!! I just couldn't leave. The lectures and the presenters are wonderful! The classes are exceptional. The food is out of this world and the accomodations are superb. I had my own room and bath at the Annex and the room was very comfortable and spacious. The yoga classes and the meditations are wonderful and you are never, ever bored in this place. I also enjoyed the Kirtan in the evenings.

I would definetely recommend this place. It is magical. It is like the "Disney World" for spirituality and health. It revitalizes you and you come back a different person. You also learn many things that you cannot learn anywhere else. Kripalu yoga is different and unique in its application. There are many innovative presents, such as Thomas Moore, Deepak Chopra, Joan Borysenko, Gabrielle Bernstein and others and all the other presenters at Kripalu are sensational. I strongly, strongly recommend this Center for anyone that wants to have a transformational experience, learn about themselves, unplug, enjoy and renew!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Miamihog3
Troy, Michigan
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Best yoga center on the East Coast!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been attending 1-2 programs each year at Kripalu for the past few years. Their programs vary in quality depending on the presenter, but their yoga classes are consistently among the best and available throughout the day for all levels of practice.

Their food is beyond compare! Love, love the organic, locally-produced foods. They always have something for everyone, though in the past I've noticed that their selections aren't among the best on the last day of a program (usually Sunday lunch in my case since I tend to go for weekend programs). I especially recommend their breads and desserts. I do wonder whether their tofu is non-GMO, and will seek clarification on that next time I'm there. Regardless, even after just spending a weekend at Kripalu I *always* end up feeling completely recharged-- even rejuvenated and relaxed!

Lastly, I recommend splurging a little bit and staying in their newer wing which is SOOO MUCH NICER than the older accommodations. The rooms are admittedly small, but one doesn't spend much time in there anyway. They can, however, get cool so be sure to layer.

Visited June 2012
Clinton
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A+++++”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

What an amazing place. To start with, the location overlooks mountains and a lake. It is a wonderful, peaceful place where you can participate in as much or as little as you like. I was there only for a one day R&R package. In that time, I attended three yoga classes (including one workshop) and a lecture. I could have done more, but spent some time just taking in the location. On top of that, included were three fantastic meals. You can't help but leave there feeling a better person than when you walked in. In fact, I always feel like I leave there on a little cloud of contentment. I HIGHLY recommend a visit.

Visited May 2013