“Amazing self-care experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Spas & Wellness in Lenox
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing self-care experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Every detail is well managed in this complex environment - full of choices to meet everyone's needs. The last time I was at Kripalu was 23 years ago and it has certainly evolved in its philosoply of living yoga both on and off the mat. I will definitely not wait so long to return.

Visited March 2013

Greenfield, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Kripalu in the Berkshires”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My first trip to kripalu was a surprise. I expected top notch yoga classes and well cooked nutritional food, but not a rich smorgasbord of classes all day and into the evening. One can choose from cooking classes, the latest research on nutrition, drumming, meditation, healing arts and various forms of meditative practices, ayurvedic medicine, and music. The R and R schedule changes daily. The grounds are gorgeous even during mud season and offer private walks or guided hikes. This is a nurturing destination for single female travelers. It is both easy and comfortable to be quietly alone or easy to meet lovely people.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank lindamoshe
College Park, MD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A delightful experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I just spent a week at Kripalu enjoying all its delightful offerings...and I'm still feeling the effects. It's such a peaceful "cocoon-like" environment...I didn't want to leave. First of all, the instruction for the program I attended was professional, caring, inspiring. The additional activities, noon dance, drum circle, cooking demo, kirtan, morning and afternoon Kripalu yoga, etc. were interesting, fun and exposed me to things I might not otherwise have tried.
The food, as so many have commented, is nutritious, varied, abundant...and delicious. There seems to be some debate among posters about the accommodations. Keeping that in mind, I stayed in the annex. My room was just perfect: immaculate, simple and basic yet not stark. A comfortable bed, good reading light, modern, private bathroom, excellent maid service and very, very quiet. Everyone seems to be very thoughtful about maintaining this serene environment, i.e. being mindful about cell phone use and noise in common areas.
Overall, a delightful experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Delicious healthy food, fabulous massages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stopped into Kripalu just for the afternoon for a massage, a visit to the sauna and whirlpool, and lunch. We have been several times in the past for weekends of longer programs. Lunch was delicious, as always, my massage was very good while my wife's massage was outstanding, and the whirlpool was wonderful.

1 Thank Larjack
Duxbury, MA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“My special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I spent the first of February attending a week long workshop at Kripalu and it was fabulous to unplug and focus inward. This was my first time staying for a week and what a difference it makes! It was contemplative week (which I was not aware of when I registered) which means no talking in the common areas and dining hall for all meals. What a wonderful way to truly unwind. My workshop was filled with plenty of talking and movement so it did not affect my workshop experience. Meals are fabulous with so much variety and choice. I did both morning and afternoon yoga daily and a yoga dance class at lunch. The grounds were pretty to walk in the winter, especially after a light snow. The view from Kripalu towards the Stockbridge Bowl is always takes me to my place of peace. I actually stayed off site at the Apple Tree Inn which is right next door and an easy "commute".

1 Thank PablinaDuxbury_MA