“Good getaway”

95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“Good getaway”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Attended Friday to Sunday workshop. Meals offered plenty of choices.I'm not too excited that people on this type of retreat can't seem to leave their IPAD/phones in their rooms. Time to review the policy on that, as its very distracting. Rooms, if chosing one with a full bath are quite/very pricey as you pay individually for the room. Last visit there I shared bath, and will revert to that next visit.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Mary M

East Granby, Connecticut, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A very cool place...Great yoga workshop & wonderful food!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My girlfriend gave me an awesome Christmas gift. 2 nights at the Annex at Kripalu and a yoga workshop with Sage Roundtree, Yoga for Athletes. I didn't know quite what to except. I've been doing yoga for about a year and love it. The 4 different yoga workshops we did at Kripalu were better than anything yoga I've ever done bar none. Just amazing! Our private room in the annex was no 5-star hotel room but it was fine. Very simple and very clean. Don't expect TV or even artwork on the walls but we had a clean and comfy bed and bathroom and a beautiful view. More than adequiate. Wifi was included. The annex building has it's own yoga studio and that's where we had our workshop. Very nice studio. From our room it was a short indoor walk to the main building. We looked at some of the 8 and 22 person dorms and were glad we had a private room. However, the dorms were very clean as were the shared bathrooms. If you don't have a problem sleeping in a dorm environment these units were nice. I read mixed reviews about the accomidations and I have to agree with the good ones. Same with the food. A large cafeteria loaded with all kinds of assorted food, all very healthy and all very tasty. I thought I may have a problem with the silent breakfast but actually it was good. The food was very good, all 3 meals. A little strange (to me) was the fact that they didn't have coffee in the dining room, but you could purchase it in the shop on the next floor down. Not a big deal. There is a gift shop that's loaded with really cool items and we spent quite a lot of time there too. It's winter and very cold so we didn't get to spend any time outside but the grounds are very beautiful and the views are breathtaking. I would go back to Kripalu in a heartbeat!

p.s. The yoga workshop with Sage Roundtree was world class. I think she is only there once a year so if possible, sign up with her!

p.s.s. To my girlfriend Debbie: Thank you so much for the best Christmas gift ever! My birthday is coming up and if you are struggling with a gift idea, a Kripalu weekend is on top of my list :)

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Paul G
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“This is a holy space where you can be yourself”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The food options are surprisingly great and varied so you can eat meat, go vegetarian, vegan, or gluten free. The place has so much going on and yet it is peaceful. The accommodations are clean and simple. The offerings are amazing, daily yoga offerings, massage, reiki, and more, and the presenters are absolutely top notch, from so many different perspectives, such as Jack Kornfield, Tara Brach, Stephen Cope, and many many others.

Visited February 2012
Belfast, Maine
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Excellent Inexpensive Retreat”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just returned from a weekend at Kripalu. What a wonderful retreat experience with my adult daughter! The staff and volunteers were friendly and helpful as over 400 guests were quickly and efficiently checking in on Friday evening. The food is a revelation of good feasting with an endless array of healthy choices. We stayed in the double bed accommodations with a hallway shared bath. I was impressed with the cleanliness! I've stayed in 4 star hotels that couldn't compare with the clean of my room and the bathrooms. This is not a "Spa Retreat". Don't look for the bar or the flat screen TVs. It's a place to communicate with yourself and detach yourself from the technology of your world. The yoga is as challenging or as introspective as you want to define it. The courses we took were facilitated by well educated and credentials professionals. It's a very easy place to meet new people who share an interest in health and self development. Not expensive and definately worth a return visit.

Visited January 2013
Santa fe
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A magical place and healing space”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

For yoga Kripalu is a must see place to visit. One of the oldest yoga centers in the united states with much to offer. Clean, serene and the campus is profoundly beautiful.

Visited March 2012