“Glad I decided to go”

Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health
Ranked #1 of 6 Spas & Wellness in Lenox
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was unsure whether to spend the money for a weekend R and R but was glad I did. I loved the simplicity of my single room in the Annex, and the food was fantastic. I enjoyed the workshops, the yoga sessions (especially the morning sun salutations in the outdoor tent), and the guided kayaking on the lake. It rained otherwise I would have gone on the guided hiking. It is a beautiful spot, and I was sorry to have to leave.

There are newer reviews for Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health

Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you want to treat your soul and your body to delicious food and food for thought this is the place. It must be on sacred ground because every time I visit the grounds a wonderful peace comes over me. I probably can't live there, but it would be amazing to immerse myself in all Kripalu has to offer.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

As always a serene, peaceful and calming experience. I spent the day and came away refreshed! The staff was windfall.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great facility for a yoga retreat or seminar, etc. Internationally-renowned and deserving of it. World-class lecturers and instructors, beautiful location and view, just a very warm, positive, welcoming energy. Spectacular experience and a privilege to have attended.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My daughter enjoyed her Kripalu weekend so I decided to try it with my sister. The workshop was on yoga for the nervous system and was marketed "for everyone." My sister who has no yoga experience (which was also stated in the description for this program in the catalog) was unable to really enjoy and participate in the workshop. The presenter enjoyed hearing herself talk and spent an excessive amount of time telling "stories" about herself as well. We should have done the R &R weekend instead. I met a couple of women who stayed at a local B&B and got a day pass which does include the meals. I wish I had thought of this option. The room was sort of like a cell but the food was excellent. The grounds are lovely although it happen to be too cold to really explore. In addition, the workshop was too lengthy during the day and did not give enough down time. Given the cost, I thought I should not skip any of the workshop. Don't bother...not worth the money.

5  Thank runs57