“Lovely, Not Snooty, Spa Experience”

Cranwell Resort Spa and Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A luxury resort in the Berkshires that offers a championship 18-hole golf course for guests and the public.
Hunterdon County, NJ
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Lovely, Not Snooty, Spa Experience”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My mother and I had massage appointments at Cranwell. We opted to have what they call a "duet massage" so we could be in the same room together so I could be of assistance to my om if needed. I have a warm stone massage. The stones are hot not lukewarm as the name made me fear but it was the first time I ever had this massage without once being touched with a stone that was too hot. It was an excellent massage. My mom had the reflexology. My mom is elderly and prefers a gentle style massage just on her feet. Be aware that the Cranwell version of reflexdology does involve lying down. That was difficult for my mom but the staff was helpful in providing just the right pillow support to make her comfortable and she really enjoyed the massage as well. I also liked the pleasant relaxing waiting room. Some spa waiting rooms have a creepy cult feel to them, but not at Cranwell where everyone we encountered was pleasant and no one was snooty as you sometimes find at spas. They put a 20% gratuity right on the bill, which we liked. There was also a cute spa shop. We did not make use of the whirlpool or sauna which were avalable to us.

Visited August 2013

Bulverde, Texas, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Don't let the golf course rating fool you!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for a day of golf and a day at the spa. We had unlimited golf on the first day and severely underestimated this course! We had nno trouble getting to the greens but then it quickly became clear it was going to test our skills! We were not alone, at the start of the second round we talked to other golfers about the course difficulty. Definitely bring your A-game to the greens!\

The spa facilities are fantastic and the massages we got were great. They sauna, steam room and whirlpool were all top notch. Having just been to a more expensive spa which didn't live up to my expectations, this one reminded me of why I love to getaway to a spa. The Quiet rooms are separated by gender which I prefer and enjoy. The quiet and low lighting make it very relaxing.

This place would be perfect for a girls getaway. In face I look forward to bringing my mother here!

Visited July 2013
Boston, MA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Awesome for 2 couples special weekend”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

went with very good friends to the Berkshires and wanted to treat ourselves to a special weekend. Cranwell delivered. We upgraded our room in the mansion and it was a huge room with sitting area and beautiful views. Room was clean and comfortable and bathroom nicely done. Parking was always easy. Spa was a lovely way to spend a few hours and quiet room was quiet and it had a very upscale, relaxing feel. Only disappointment was breakfast which was very average. We enjoyed finding small diners and coffee shops especially Martins in Great Barrington. Haven in Lenox was my husband's favorite breakfast spot. I think I still prefer the ocean to the mountains but there is so much to do in the area. We loved the tour at the Mount and a hike in Great Barrington to a waterfall and walking and eating in Lenox and Stockbridge. In the evenings, enjoyed Tanglewood which is the most chaotic parking venue I have ever experienced and Oklahoma production thru Berkshire Theatre Festival. Favorite dinner was at Bistro Zinc and the 4 of us our now forever linked by our love of butterscotch budino which we couldn't stop raving about so the chef gave us the recipe.

Visited July 2013
Guilford, Connecticut, United States
“The Cranwell is the Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been going to The Cranwell several times a year over the past two years -- it is a perfect respite from the long work week and a great place to enjoy a full week of vacation. The spa is very relaxing and the service is top-notch. There is quite a bit to do in the Lenox area, which makes this an even better vacation spot. My spouse and I really enjoy The Cranwell and we get there every chance we can.

Visited April 2013
Utica, New York
“Hit balls at the range”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The course doesn't open until the 10th but the driving range was open. The course and property looked beautiful. The driving range was also really nice.

Visited April 2013