“Awesome for 2 couples special weekend”

Cranwell Resort Spa and Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A luxury resort in the Berkshires that offers a championship 18-hole golf course for guests and the public.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

went with very good friends to the Berkshires and wanted to treat ourselves to a special weekend. Cranwell delivered. We upgraded our room in the mansion and it was a huge room with sitting area and beautiful views. Room was clean and comfortable and bathroom nicely done. Parking was always easy. Spa was a lovely way to spend a few hours and quiet room was quiet and it had a very upscale, relaxing feel. Only disappointment was breakfast which was very average. We enjoyed finding small diners and coffee shops especially Martins in Great Barrington. Haven in Lenox was my husband's favorite breakfast spot. I think I still prefer the ocean to the mountains but there is so much to do in the area. We loved the tour at the Mount and a hike in Great Barrington to a waterfall and walking and eating in Lenox and Stockbridge. In the evenings, enjoyed Tanglewood which is the most chaotic parking venue I have ever experienced and Oklahoma production thru Berkshire Theatre Festival. Favorite dinner was at Bistro Zinc and the 4 of us our now forever linked by our love of butterscotch budino which we couldn't stop raving about so the chef gave us the recipe.

There are newer reviews for Cranwell Resort Spa and Golf Club

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been going to The Cranwell several times a year over the past two years -- it is a perfect respite from the long work week and a great place to enjoy a full week of vacation. The spa is very relaxing and the service is top-notch. There is quite a bit to do in the Lenox area, which makes this an even better vacation spot. My spouse and I really enjoy The Cranwell and we get there every chance we can.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The course doesn't open until the 10th but the driving range was open. The course and property looked beautiful. The driving range was also really nice.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I didn't like how busy the spa was, I happen to like things a little quieter. It was very loud in the 'quiet' room. I was a bit overwhelmed by the size of the locker room and the very strong scent of chlorine. The massage room was plain with no real 'zen' feeling that I like. The massage was just okay unfortunately, but the girl was very nice. Unfortunately we won't be going back and will be trying a new spa next year...one that's more for us...I'm sure it's great for some people so make your own judgement...just saying that if you like quiet and zen, this is not the place in my opinion.

5  Thank Mia143
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A trip to the Spa at Cranwell is always a great bit of fun. Arriving a bit early, one can soak in the hot tub and steam in the sauna before their appointment. Then it's into the dimly lit waiting area, where you sit in front of the fire on chaise lounges, awaiting a call from your aesthetician. The services themselves are a delight. The rooms calming, the practitioners highly skilled, the results fantastic. I highly recommend the Spa at Cranwell. You won't regret the trip.