“So-So”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Lenox
vermont
“So-So”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I read the other reviews. I guess it all depends on what type of lodging you are used too. We traded our beautiful timeshare in Kauai and were given a dated, first floor unit. Way below our standards. We had the same issues of having a family of 6 (4 kids) who ran around, stomped, slammed doors, put their kayak and fishing gear right in front of our patio. They finally checked out and another family is upstairs at this moment stomping around and banging things and doing laundry. The washer is located outside of our door! It is 9am! Nice surroundings. Tiny kitchen. We are just annoyed that people can be so inconsiderate of those of us that are underneath their footsteps. The front desk should advise guests that are on the 2nd floor to please take this into consideration. Also, the Library was closed. Front desk clerks are very young and inexperienced. But, we made the best of it. Just don't accept a first floor unit. The surroundings are beautiful and there are great hikes.

Room Tip: Make certain to get a second floor unit otherwise you will hear stomping around overhead which does...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MoProfera
PondsMgmt, General Manager at The Ponds at Foxhollow, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Thank you for patronage. We hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed at The Ponds for a week at the end of March. I was apprehensive as I had read many negative reviews so can say that it was better than I had expected. Yes, the bathroom and kitchen in our unit were dated, the faucet in the kitchen required some serious muscle to operate but the bed was comfortable, the unit was clean and we would stay again. I was very glad to be in a two bedroom unit so we had no one overhead as I find that very annoying.We will visit again in better weather because many local attractions are seasonal and the hiking is wonderful in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Anne F
Thank you for your patronage. I appreciate your thoughts, we are about to under take full kitchen renovations in the next few months. We hope to see you again.
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Myself and other friends gathered at The Ponds for a special reunion. I had not been in my unit in over 10 years and was a bit concerned after ready some of the reviews.
I spoke with Rebecca who assured me the unit was in good shape and had it checked out.
She was incredibly helpful to me with other questions that I had.
The unit was in great shape. Clean, well stocked, plenty of room, freshly painted.
We enjoyed the fireplace and sitting around visiting by it. Swam and used the hot tub, then walked Lenox center, which is a great area.
I was impressed with our surroundings and cannot say enough about Rebecca.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JLWHITE56
PondsMgmt, Front Office Manager at The Ponds at Foxhollow, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again.
Leonia, New Jersey
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had a very difficult time figuring # of stars. The unit we stayed in (myself, my husband and our 4 yr old) was much more than we expected. I had read other reviews that talked about outdated furnishings, etc. We were very pleasantly surprised at our unit - clean, spacious and had what we needed. The front desk however...yikes! I called before showing up, to let them know we were getting in a day late, seemed I was bothering the woman who answered the phone. Tried to make small talk while checking in - very little response. I changed my towels mid-week and again it was like I was bothering the employee at the front desk. We check out, return home and I realize we left a child's DVD in the DVD player in the room (that was on 3/15). I call the next day to report this, stating the DVD belonged to my local library and I'd really appreciate help in getting it back. That started 1 week of (runaround) phone calls. I am fully aware this was my fault, I forgot the DVD but really did not think it a big deal to try to get this DVD back. A couple of conversations went along the lines of "if it's there the cleaning crew will find it" Me: "I checked out already" Reception: "well then it wasn't found" Me: "did they look in the DVD player, that's where it its" Reception "if it turns up we'll let you know". One shining light in all this was Rebecca. She actually called the unit, in an attempt to reach the new occupants. Left messages tho they were not returned. I spoke to reception again after checkout time, 1 week after I left (3/22). I was told Rebecca personally walked over to the unit after the guests left and got the DVD. Since they missed the mail pickup that day, it would go out Monday. When I didn't receive it Friday (3/28), I called again and Rebecca answered. I thanked her profusely for her help and mentioned I still hadn't received the DVD. She seemed to look around and lo and behold, the DVD was still sitting on the desk. Rebecca took my info again, stayed on the phone with me while looking for stamps and told me it was going in the mail. So, now I'll wait a few more days. I apologize for the length here but really, Management, the front desk personnel get 1 star. Rebecca is the saving grace.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
PondsMgmt, Manager at The Ponds at Foxhollow, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the experience you had with our staff. We regard customer service very highly, I will personally speak with the staff members who handled your check in. Thank you again, we hope for your continued patronage.
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I went with my boyfriend for a weekend away of relaxing and skiing. Unfortunately we were in a unit below 2 families with at least 5 kids crammed into a unit for 4 people who were stampeeding around at 6am all weekend. Not my idea of relaxing. Hearing doors slamming and kids running around non stop in the early morning hours. Not to mention they had 2 cars parked in front of the unit. So after dinner one night we came back and had to park in a separate lot and walk in the freezing cold. While according to the front desk there is only one car permitted for each unit. The room had a Huge stain on the carpet and disgusting utility closet filled with wood shavings and mold in the bathroom above shower. We had traded in a Marriott timeshare for this and Checked out after 2 nights...when we had 7. Front desk woman is a ditz almost forgot to give us our room keys and didn't ask about the experience or why I was checking out early. Pool was closed for renovation and looked gross anyway. So overall the people above us were extremely inconsiderate and the walls are very thin... So there was no way around that. And I would never come back to the pond at Foxwoods. We had a great time skiing but would never recommend this place for a relaxing getaway.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dtrayn
Thank you for taking the time to share your views on your stay, here at the Ponds at Foxhollow. We will look into the matters you brought to our attention. Thank you again for your patronage and feedback.
New York
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We have just returned from a week at the Ponds. The Vanderbilt 2 unit we stayed in was dirty, dated and in disrepair. The kitchen cabinets had large grimy black areas around the handles. The heaters didn't work consistently (a definite problem when it was -4). We originally booked the condo because they advertised on their website 200 acres for cross country skiing. However no one there seemed to know where the 200 acres were. So we were limited to the few acres surrounding the condo. Won't stay here if we return to the Berkshires.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tapestryneedle
PondsMgmt, Front Office Manager at The Ponds at Foxhollow, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We will look into the matters that you outlines in your review. We take these matters very seriously as we are always trying to improve our resort.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We had read other reviews before coming to the Ponds, so we weren't expecting anything fancy. It pretty much lived up to what people said. It's a fine place to stay, but not exactly the most comfortable place. Most of the decor/accommodations are pretty outdated. The TVs are giant. The bathroom was somewhat off-putting. They provide toilet paper and one hair dryer, but that's about it. No shampoo. No conditioner. My family of 4 adults had to all share the one tiny tube my mother happened to bring. Helpful hint: bring shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, facewash, etc! I guess what is the most disappointing is that we traded in our Marriot timeshare for this location. The Ponds are a FAR cry from Marriott. Yet, for some reason my family chose to pay MORE to trade in our timeshare for this location....Terrible idea. Also, what is the most frustrating is that it is Massachussetts, therefor freezing, and the comforters on the beds are like what you would find in a Motel 6--Yucky synthetic that makes you sweat and provides inadequate warmth. The one thing I will say is that the staff at the front desk are warm and nice. That's a perk. That's about the only perk. Don't expect much. It's a shelter, with heat and water.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank AdrienneBTN
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your patronage your feedback is useful as we re always trying to improve our resort and the quality of your stay. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
#5 of 16 in Lenox
LakeHouse Inn
LakeHouse Inn
#1 of 9 in Lee

Been to The Ponds at Foxhollow? Share your experiences!