“Book Lovers Paradise”
Review of The Bookstore

The Bookstore
Ranked #2 of 8 Shopping in Lenox
Reviewed July 3, 2014

If you're a reader and want to spend time browsing and talking to another book lover - go to the Bookstore, browse the selection and talk to Matt! He's the owner and master of Get Lit!!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I'm so happy that I stumbled into this bookstore with my boyfriend Memorial Day Weekend 2013. Matt was working the store that day, and my boyfriend and I went in looking for newspapers to dry our sneakers out with, but ended up spending several hours at the bookstores drinking wine and chatting with the owner Matt. He kept our glasses full and regaled us with stories of his life in NYC and how he came to own the bookstore in Lenox. The bookstore and wine bar combination is absolutely brilliant and made for the most perfect rainy-day afternoon hangout spot. My boyfriend and I had such a great time that we couldn't bear to leave without buying books and a t-shirt to remember the place by and to show our appreciation to Matt for his great company and great hospitality.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I really enjoyed browsing this bookstore and enjoying a glass of wine. The woman working that night was very friendly and helpful. The store isn't large and doesn't have every category of book, but it isn't easy these days to find one to browse in. You don't go here to find every possible book or get the best price (that's what the internet does). You go here for the pleasant experience.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Really? We weren't sure if Matt and his bookstore were figments of our imagination or if we really did spend the best hours of our four day vacation over Thanksgiving weekend browsing the shelves and chatting it up with the locals. If I had an ounce of ability or ambition to write a novel, it would almost certainly be set at The Bookstore in Lenox.

1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The owner was totally occupied with someone who was not a customer and never asked to help me--I was sitting with three possible purchases. I asked if he could discount a $30 book: answer: NO. I subsequently purchased the same book, NEW, for $7.00

4  Thank ClassicalCat